Why would anyone download the ubuntu source code?

C

CrazedNerd

Hey everyone, i decided to go dual boot again just cuz i still like learning about computers even though i don't relish a career as someone who sits in front of them all day. My first questions are...

-Why do people prefer the ubuntu src ISO as opposed to the plain amd64 iso which can be installed on a computer very easily?

-If i wanted to accomplish the same thing with the src (have it boot and install it on a computer), what would be the steps that I would need to take to accomplish this? I'm pretty command line literate so if it's just a matter of compiling then explain it in these terms.

-How would someone go about making a virtual machine with minix?

Hi and welcome.

Most of the people who install Ubuntu src, are software developers, so that one isn't really intended for end-regular-desktop users, if you want to use Ubuntu, just download the desktop edition.
How would someone go about making a virtual machine with minix?
Download the cd image, launch your virtual machine software, i.e. VirtualBox, and follow the usual steps to create a virtual machine in VBox. If you don't know that, there's plenty of tutorials on the web that can help you. :)

Hi and welcome.

Most of the people who install Ubuntu src, are software developers, so that one isn't really intended for end-regular-desktop users, if you want to use Ubuntu, just download the desktop edition.

Download the cd image, launch your virtual machine software, i.e. VirtualBox, and follow the usual steps to create a virtual machine in VBox. If you don't know that, there's plenty of tutorials on the web that can help you. :)

thanks

do you know what happens with virtual machines when it asks you which OS you're going to install? How does it change the VM?

thanks

do you know what happens with virtual machines when it asks you which OS you're going to install? How does it change the VM?
You're welcome. VBox? Not sure, but I guess it accommodates(code and whatnot) to that OS rather than other one.

Members online

Latest posts