Who are the CRC32C creator ? google ?

aug7744

Reaction score
Credits
Thanks for reading my topic.
Simply who are the creator of CRC32 checksum ?
Testing formating btrfs using crc32c and xxhash the performance is better for crc32c ... however xxhash is better for anti collision.

Only trying understand the origin of that checksum type.
Have an nice day.

CRC-32-IEEE, was the result of a joint effort for the Rome Laboratory and the Air Force Electronic Systems Division by Joseph Hammond, James Brown and Shyan-Shiang Liu of the Georgia Institute of Technology and Kenneth Brayer of the Mitre Corporation.

Thanks sharing the link.
Well ... the CRC-32 creators are Rome Laboratory and the Air Force Electronic Systems Division by Joseph Hammond, James Brown and Shyan-Shiang Liu of the Georgia Institute of Technology and Kenneth Brayer of the Mitre Corporation.
However the definition CRC32-C also was created by them ?

@wizardfromoz
Thanks for your reply.
I had searched about crc32c and was pointed to github google repository. However not had information if was really the creator.
Well .. Only to understand the origin.
An user need information about origin and what is done in computer ... privacy is almost impossible.
I understand the high number of cybe crimes in world, but invasion in computer is extremely abused.

Have an nice week for your and the forum users.

However not had information if was really the creator.
In more depth... couldn't find myself much, but on github you wont find something relevant or a match to link that to google.
The secret is covered or hold by both parties, right?
As "deep"(but not really) as I could, I found is this crc32c.
Now the c letter stands for calculation or....

Screenshot from 2024-03-31 13-27-17.png

I tried to access the link but couldn't, the browser wont let me. Not safe.. It tells me :rolleyes: . Also I doubt that you will find something there...but you can try.

It is also mentioned here..
Screenshot from 2024-03-31 14-01-33.png

but...is...
Screenshot from 2024-03-31 14-04-41.png

and bellow
Screenshot from 2024-03-31 14-05-02.png

An user need information about origin

You can start here because is.. back to origin.
One of designers(haven't looked if is just one) is no more, but if google had already the claws...back then :confused: , have NO IDEA
I give you two words.. uncensored and underground

You already suspect who is doing the doing...
But you can do something against it ;)
privacy is almost impossible.
ALMOST that is...but achievable

Members online

Latest posts