what is the best linux to use for Steam and Playing MineCraft?

VinRane

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. I want to know what is the best Linux operating system to use with Stream and playing Minecraft.

Pretty much any of the mainstream Distro's will do this easily.

i have heard of ubuntu. i did not hear of fedona39.
i just want something that works with very little issues.
again, just wanna play minecraft and use steam without
being a coder or something like that too.

I use Fedora 39 for both, but Ubuntu and Mint are usually good as well.
I personally don't do much gaming, but my grandson does.

an onboard hd 2500 graphics. 32mbs of dedicated memory.

but i dont really find for me that graphics are everything.
the cpu seems to handle it well for other gaming type things.
even though its in windows 10.
and when i get a ssd, it will speed it up even faster, even though the
computer seems to never slow down in windows 10,
but over time it will. and i want linux cause its supposed to be
less slow down in the long term.
i dont like windows 10. and i cant upgrade to windows 11.
sorry for the long and late reply.

Hello @VinRane,
Welcome to Linux.org. You have already received good advise so won't add anything, but enjoy the Journey!

ill try something one way or another.
i know there are ways to do things,
but im not smart enough to figure it out just as of yet.
i need to do more research.
i dont want to install all kinds of versions of linux.
thank you for the reply.

You are smart enough to ask, then you must be smart enough to progress.
I am not a gamer, but we do have several members who are, they do not all run the same distribution, but they run the one they like the most.
What they all have in common is, they have installed Proton and/or steam to their distributions for gaming.

You will undergo a learning curve so, Stop, take off your shoes, sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the ride,

ill try something one way or another.
i know there are ways to do things,
i need to do more research.
i dont want to install all kinds of versions of linux.
thank you for the reply.
To be safe id suggest creating a bootable windows 10 usb drive. Just in case you end up not liking it. With my experience in gaming on Linux it is not always just easy as installing steam and using proton to run games. You will be faced with challenges down the road.

Even games that are developed for the Linux platform have issues themselves. I would also like to say that most Linux distros are able to just boot and run on a usb drive. Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux Mint all boot from usb. Fedora has "Fedora Media Writer" it downloads the iso for you and sets up the usb drive for boot.

okay cool. i have windows 10 on a usb drive.
im having issues with windows 10 graphics as well.
some games wont even work some days.
my controller even stopped working the other day.
it seems okay now though.
always with the driver issues all of my life.
and if there are going to br problems later when using linux,
then i may not even know what to do.
ill just have to get a game console when prices take a dive in the future.
than you for the reply.

Moving this to Linux Gaming.

Wizard

Hi. I want to know what is the best Linux operating system to use with Stream and playing Minecraft.
I have been using Drauger OS for a few months now and I am very impressed with its performance and gaming experience. It is fast, stable, and optimized for gaming. It also has a nice dark theme and a user-friendly interface. I think it is one of the best Linux gaming distros out there. However, I also encountered some issues with Drauger OS, such as compatibility problems with some games and applications, occasional crashes, and lack of documentation. That is why I decided to hire Software QA Consulting Services https://testfort.com/software-qa-consulting to help me test and improve my Drauger OS setup. They provided me with a comprehensive QA audit, a customized testing strategy, and a detailed report on how to fix the bugs and enhance the quality of my system. They also trained me on how to use test automation tools and best practices for testing specific software types.
I think the best Linux operating system for gaming is Drauger OS. It is based on Ubuntu LTS, but it uses a low latency kernel and a high scheduling frequency to optimize performance. It also supports multiple gaming platforms, such as Steam, Lutris, and Wine, and it has drivers for various controllers, such as PlayStation and Xbox. Drauger OS is easy to install and use, and it comes with a lot of useful apps for regular use. I have been using it for a while and I can play games like Minecraft and many others without any issues. Drauger OS is definitely the best choice for Linux gamers.

Last edited:

Latest posts