Solved What are credits?

Solved issue

osprey

Reaction score
Credits
Please pardon my ignorance for this post.
I noticed today that "Credits" are now the only statistic that appears with forum members names in the left panel to their responses.
Previously there were statistics on the number of posts a member had made.
What happened?

What are credits?
How are they determined?
Who or what determines them?
How are credits earned?
How are credits spent?

What is the validity of the system?
Is there any supportive literature on this methodology?

Without speculating on what the answers may be, there are other queries too that will likely come to mind depending on the answers provided if they are forthcoming.
All ears here :)

Response soon

Are you getting the same sort of info as me, or what's different?

hNJ9u0L.png

We can't spend them unless or until our Super Administrator builds a device to do so.

If you think Maarten and I have a lot of credits shown on our avatars, take a look at KGIII and see what producing a thread every two days and talking a lot can do for you, lol.

Oops?

Have you changed from Light theme to Dark theme recently?

Thanks @f33dm3bits for that info.
For the record:
Post new thread: 10 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
Post a reply on a thread: 5 credits (plus 0.01 per character)
Like a post: 1 credit

Now I know :)

@wizardfromoz I did change to Dark theme, so I'll try and reverse it.

Edit:
Thanks wiz! Reverted to the light theme and all's well again :)

That's what Wizards do, we think laterally or outside the box.

(audience groans, Wizard turns them loudest groaners into bullfrogs)

Might need a separate thread, but David G @KGIII uses dark, he may have some ideas.

Thanks wiz! Reverted to the light theme and all's well again :)
I'm using dark-theme as well, not sure what you are missing?
Screenshot from 2024-04-04 08-51-56.png

You have the same issue, Maarten.

Hang on a sec and I will explain.

Have a look in my #3, where my fingered hand is pointing.

In yours, you only see Credits.

In mine, I see

Reactions

as well as Credits

We can't spend them unless or until our Super Administrator builds a device to do so.

If you think Maarten and I have a lot of credits shown on our avatars, take a look at KGIII and see what producing a thread every two days and talking a lot can do for you, lol.
In the time since I joined the forum I hadn't paid attention to credits until the images on post #6 appeared on my screen which only showed the credits. That brought my attention to them. The loss of the statistics on the number of posts from the forum members was significant I think because I paid attention to whether the poster was new, newish or an older hand. It didn't make any difference that I'm aware of to my responses, but I often wondered if they would read the response, or reply, or whether I was whistling into the wind.

I think I have worked out what the problem was with the themes.

In my librewolf browser I use the default dark theme provided by the browser itself. Evidently, when I changed to the dark theme on the forum site, there was some interaction that caused the loss of text. In fact the text may have been there, but invisible on screen because of the way in which the darkness was implemented, but I couldn't see that.

I think I have worked out what the problem was.

In my librewolf browser I use the default dark theme provided by the browser itself. Evidently, when I changed to the dark theme on the forum site, there was some interaction that caused the loss of text. In fact the text may have been there, but invisible on screen because of the way in which the darkness was implemented, but I couldn't see that.

Yeah, that's the sort of stuff I was looking for from David G., he is I think focused on within the browser.

I just trundle along with defaults and use the brightness key if I feel a need to.

Have a look in my #3, where my fingered hand is pointing.

In yours, you only see Credits.
I see it now after changing my style to default/white. My eyes are burning now! Switching back to dark because I don't miss it, since I do see I hover over someone's name with my mouse.
Screenshot from 2024-04-04 09-04-57.png

David had something recently on font colours a Member was using, related to his dark theme.

Is this where I say to the OP - Put a Solved on this?

Lol

Is this where I say to the OP - Put a Solved on this?
We can probably conclude that it's a bug in the "dark style, since it does show in the "default style".

Likely. Not life-threatening, not likely to get fixed, lol.

We can probably conclude that it's a bug in the "dark style, since it does show in the "default style".
Well I am on default, and I have credits showing for everyone, so who has been tinkering.. have you asked @Rob if he has been playing with it?

Members online