Solved USB boot not always working

Solved issue
I'm not sure if that changed
It really did. In fact if you're burning a Win 11 USB (which I often do for work), it gives you options to burn Win 11 as offline, no account required, bypass TPM and CPU check (which means you can install Win11 on a 4th Gen Intel for instance, or any generation really without it failing to install because of the hardware check).
I'm not sure how far back it was "simply broken", but for the past ten years or so, it's been fine for me.

I'm not sure how far back it was "simply broken", but for the past ten years or so, it's been fine for me.

For about a year or so we got fairly consistent complaints. I tried a few times to make it work and it'd burn the image to USB but then the USB wouldn't boot on anything I own. There's a reason why we generally suggest balenaEtcher. It's not really favoritism or anything like that.

Well, it probably would be favoritism now, assuming Rufus is working properly again. It's good that it is, because I'm a fan of having options. There are always outliers and having multiple options means you have multiple chances of finding something that works for you.

It's not really favoritism or anything like that.
And I wouldn't assume so.
Thr kicker is that Rufus doesn't have a linux app. It's a Windoze only app, and my go to when forced to burn from Windoze. ;)

Members online