Update on KDE 6

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
I installed OpenSuse Tumbleweed with KDE/plasma 6 today and so far it's been working smoothly. Best Kde 6 implementation so far.
So if you want to give KDE 6 a whirl try open Suse Tumbleweed.

I installed OpenSuse Tumbleweed with KDE/plasma 6 today and so far it's been working smoothly. Best Kde 6 implementation so far.
So if you want to give KDE 6 a whirl try open Suse Tumbleweed.
I was running it on Arch when it was released to the main repo, ran quite well actually. Didnt have any major issues.

I installed OpenSuse Tumbleweed

I used Tumbleweed for my studio's computer for a long time. It's a solid OS and you'll want to keep up with the updates - or they start to amass quickly.

For a rolling-distro, it gave me zero errors, ever. Not once did I have to fix something in order to get to the desktop. At least that's what my memory is telling me at this point in time.

Dave, can you tell us where you downloaded it from please?

TIA

Wizard
Avagudweegend

Just a BTW, in case of helpful well-wishers, I do know how to find and download openSUSE, I just want to download the exact same iso the OP used before I comment further.

Thanks

Wiz

Hi Chris sure.
From the openSuSE page found here, I recommend using the off line one for installing. As it has never given me a problem. but it's 4.5 Gigs.
I use the AMD/X86 one for my machine. Still seems to be working well.
Snowing here this morning supposed to get 6 to 10 inches. So much for spring :)
Oh, by the way OpenSuse still has a 32 bit image for those with older machines. I have not tried it. but It's one of the only major Distro still offering it. I'm not sure wayland or KDE6 would work with it though. Think you might have to use XFCE with that one.

Last edited:
Dave, @KGIII that has been my experience also of all the rolling releases I've tried over the years. tumbleweed has been the stablest for day to day use. I had also tried (other threads) Kaos, KDE-Neon and Tuxedo for KDE 6 but they all had problems.
Tumbleweed seems to be the smoothest one so far.

tumbleweed has been the stablest for day to day use.

I had a great experience with it. If folks want a rolling release, it's a great option.

Off-topic:

My forecast changed and I'm looking at 24" of snow.

This pleases me. This pleases me greatly. I'll be in and out today as that snow's not going to plow itself. I might even take time to go snowmobile for a bit.

Members online

Latest posts