Ubuntu got a new logo...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
If it was in an email/newsletter, I didn't notice. I didn't learn of this until just a little while ago.

Unfortunatelly Ubuntu hasn't been the same since Ubuntu 14.04 trusty tahr imo which is why I don't use Ubuntu.

I don't think I'd want to use an OS that was the same. I want them to change, make progress, and take risks. I want them to explore new areas, I want them to try pushing boundaries, and I want them create new things. Sure, some of those things will fall flat on their face, but I'm okay with that.

My computer needs aren't much internet use is about it and occasionally move some pictures and do some office stuff.

I don't need new software as long as what's comes with the distro or what's available from the distros repository works I'm happy with.

I guess that's why I like Debian and Debian base distros relible rock solid stability and doesn't radically change much.

I have a bit of a mix. I like stability, but I jump to the new LTS every two years.

That'll be coming up pretty soon. At least this time there's an upgrade path for Lubuntu. 20.04 required a fresh install due to the many, many changes made.

I don't think I'd want to use an OS that was the same. I want them to change, make progress, and take risks. I want them to explore new areas, I want them to try pushing boundaries, and I want them create new things. Sure, some of those things will fall flat on their face, but I'm okay with that.
I've never been keen on change however I understand it and you either move with it or you get left behind progress you know.

It is indeed ugly, but the sentiment is nice. It's a few people huddled together, exchanging information or whatnot.

It's kind of like default desktop wallpaper as some distros default wallpaper is horrible imo and thankful there's a way to add our own.

I don't much care about my desktop background. 'Snot like I ever see it. Pretty much everything is in fuill screen as soon as I've logged into my profile. I might see my desktop for 10 to 20 seconds after every reboot - so probably less than a minute per month.

I just use the default desktop or none as I'm always on the internet checking out the news media propaganda etc.

I don't do any social media websites other than a few Linux forums that's the close as I come to social media websites.

Ubuntu in a few years

Attachments

• ubuntu.png
    ubuntu.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 169
I don't much care about my desktop background. 'Snot like I ever see it. Pretty much everything is in fuill screen as soon as I've logged into my profile. I might see my desktop for 10 to 20 seconds after every reboot - so probably less than a minute per month.
Me neither - I don't care much about my wallpaper or logos - you can always change it - me personally; I want reliability and functionality and Ubuntu and it's flavors does that - I like LXQt myself

I like LXQt myself

As a huge fan of LXDE, I expected to hate it - even though the same folks are involved. However, it's shaping up nicely. There are a few more features due, but it's otherwise pretty complete.

You should add a NSFW tab and remember that we're PG-13 in content. I'll let the link stand, but please edit it and mark it as NSFW. If you were to post any of those pictures directly, I'd have to remove them. (At least of the few I glimpsed through.)

I love sexy people as much as the next person, perhaps even more so, but this site is pretty strict about being PG-13. So, that's what I have to consider in my decision making.

Okay -- had to look this up! "Not safe for work?" I'm confused why such an acronym, but your notification is duly noted.

How do I do the tagging after the fact?

Staff online

Members online