Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS Suddenly working really slow, apps opening up slowly, delay in typing

I think @kc1di should have asked for inxi -D
1643813331243-png.11664

I think the RAM usage is being limited by default like Ubuntu can only use 4 GB out of 8 GB available? I had dual booted windows before this, but windows got corrupted since then. (I didn't make any settings to partition the disk or limit ram or anything).

I would appreciate any help, thanks!
Never heard of this. My ubuntu uses 8GB or more while gaming.

I think @kc1di should have asked for inxi -D
nope wanted to see the temp sometimes that is what slows down the processor. But not the case here. inxi -D would be helpful though. I think the problem must stem from the install of Joplin and cpu-freq. I would remove those and see if it improves the speed first.

@neutrino ,
Did you download the appimage of joplin? or is it something you actually install on the system?
Also what did you do with cpu-freq?

If cpu-freq is meant to save battery my guess is that it would do that by limiting the CPU clock speed and that would drag down performance and would most likely save battery. It might be worth checking your clock when you have the program enabled and that disable is and check the clock again.

This article explains how it works https://access.redhat.com/documenta...nes the power,in turn affects CPU performance.

@neutrino ,
Did you download the appimage of joplin? or is it something you actually install on the system?
Also what did you do with cpu-freq?
I had downloaded Joplin, uninstalled it now. I'm not sure how to get rid of cpu-freq though? But now system not booting.

Last edited:
I went to safe mode and then typed sudo ubuntu drivers reinstall but it gave the error that there wasn't enough space in the cache.
type in
Code:
df -H
and post back the results

Learned a new thing tonight how cool is that!
Screenshot from 2022-02-03 21-39-35.png

Wait... You're just learning to use inxi? You've been around for a while. I would have figured you already knew how.

Or am I missing something?

Members online

No members online now.