Trying to install Minecraft Java, but it doesn't work.

Isomir

Reaction score
Credits
I set up java, and minecraft.deb according to the youtube tutorial, but whenever I tried to install i'd get an error message. I have the error message attached, and i'd like help to see what I can do to try and fix it

Attachments

• message.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 106

Moving this to Gaming , good luck.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

I set up java, and minecraft.deb according to the youtube tutorial, but whenever I tried to install i'd get an error message. I have the error message attached, and i'd like help to see what I can do to try and fix it
See, manually installing Minecraft is a tedious and time-consuming job. Therefore, you can opt for the following measures

1. Using the official launcher of Minecraft which is available on https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/. Before that check your system whether it is compatible on it or not.
  2. Or if you want to restart, please reinstall Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and then install Minecraft with its respective official launcher. In so doing, the installation process will be clear of any other irrelevant packages that may cause conflict with others.

The biggest problem in installing an application from a different source to the distribution software manager, is it will not load all the necessary dependencies, check the software manager for your particular distribution, if they have Minecraft, then uninstall all that has gone before and try the distribution's version. [thats what our granddaughter did]

To uninstall and reset everything would I have to just remove the linux development environment, and turn it back on? Also is the make and model number the little sticker pad on the bottom right that says Acer Chromebook Spin 513?

And I don't know how to check distribution and build number, as for things I did to try to fix it, I have no clue how linux works, and it's my first time using it so all I did was update it.

Last edited:
I have penguin and not ubuntu, I'm not sure if that's the issue but it says command not found when I type in lsb_release -a

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts