Today's article is one that I'm going to put in 'off topic'...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
So, I've been paying attention to Purism for quite a while. By that, I mean I check the news now and then and I pay attention to r/Purism on Reddit. I also sometimes see threads on HackerNews and read those to keep up with what's going on.

I guess you can say that I've finally had enough and I'm going to speak out.

And, by that, I mean I link to a video (well worth watching) and work hard to avoid a libel suit. Though truth is a defense against libel, I still avoid saying anything that would be considered libel in any reasonable court.

https://linux-tips.us/some-opinions-news-about-purism/

I am placing this in off-topic because I can't think of a better place to put it. If you do comment here, let's avoid making any comments that would get you sued. I'm not gonna help you pay your legal fees. Just don't say anything that isn't true and you'll be all set.

i Feel he tells a compelling story that sounds plausible.
"in my opinion"

Good watch for sure.
And (I'll have to sneak this in here), it was nice to hear him mention he'd much rather have the OS I run on my phones. :cool:

If you want to watch the whole poopfest unwind, visit the link to their Reddit.

Typing from memory, that should be https://reddit.com/r/purism - where you can witness the events yourself.

I guess the company is not responding to all sorts of people now and they've taken their forums offline, as well as the ability to purchase new products from their store. (Some people still wanted to give them money. I am just going to leave it at that.)

No common sense SMH

There was one person who just wanted to give the company money, as in straight up give it to them, to help keep them afloat. They were one of the people who received their phone (eventually, after like three years if I recall correctly) and didn't see it as a scam.

Their blinders were on and fastened tightly, to be a bit civil about it.

They were asking how much the company's debt was and seemed to want others to chip in and then they could keep the company going.

Someone did some math and concluded that just the missing orders accounted for about $700,000 USD - and that was just the missing phones.

Someone did some math and concluded that just the missing orders accounted for about $700,000 USD - and that was just the missing phones.
I serously doubt, but hope that some gov't agency can, and will do an investigation. In my mind, it's just an outright scam, no other way I can see it.

Heh... Yeah, that'd be nice.

At the same time, I'd not hold my breath waiting for it.

Though, if enough people start complaining... There's the adage about the squeaky wheel getting the grease. So, maybe...

Staff online