Today's article is one many of you can ignore...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Today's article is all about NVMe M.2 SSDs and how to gather the information (including temperature, should such be available).

If you're not using an NVMe M.2 SSD, this article will not help you. You have other tools available. NVMe gets its own tools. They're not even installed by default, as far as I can tell. So, here you go...

So, it's an article...

If you're not using an NVMe M.2 SSD, this article will not help you.
Thank God! I'm enjoying this Linux journey, but my head is stuffed! I don't know how much more information my brain can process after yesterday or how long until I'm at full capacity!

Fast indeed-:)
My Devuan installation boots in 3 seconds on the Nvme!

They're pretty good pieces of kit. They've been around long enough to figure they're going to be reliable for reasonably long periods of time. When I buy anything new, it's definitely going to come with an SSD.

They're pretty good pieces of kit. They've been around long enough to figure they're going to be reliable for reasonably long periods of time. When I buy anything new, it's definitely going to come with an SSD.
Yup and the prices seem to be going down some.

I've found that certain distro's won't install to a Nvme.
Slackware stable will not install but Slackware Current will.

Yup and the prices seem to be going down some.

I've found that certain distro's won't install to a Nvme.
Slackware stable will not install but Slackware Current will.

I haven't experienced that - but I don't distro hop and stay within the Debian derivatives (as a general rule).

I had no problems getting Lubuntu (or Mint) onto one. So, I haven't had that experience - yet.

I haven't experienced that - but I don't distro hop and stay within the Debian derivatives (as a general rule).

I had no problems getting Lubuntu (or Mint) onto one. So, I haven't had that experience - yet.
Yeah I get it.
I quit distro hopping a while back as I've had a taste of all the re-spins and the rolling releases.

Are you a Lubuntu developer now?

Are you a Lubuntu developer now?

I'm on the team but I'm a tester, not a developer. My programming skills are not up to snuff these days, so I don't even pretend to do development work. In fact, I staunchly refuse.

Members online