Today's article is a holiday article...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
No, it's not 'an holiday', unless you don't pronounce the H!

Today's article is easy and quick.

It's a Happy New Year article from Linux-Tips. You do get to play around in the terminal. You're not productive in the terminal. No, there's nothing productive here.

Happy New Year from Linux Tips

Nurse your hangovers!

(Posting this took like three edits.)

Productive or not, it's a pleasure to read an online article that doesn't appear to be written by an eight year old. If only the rest of the online world knew the difference between new and knew, to and too, etc., and had at least a small grasp on punctuation, it would be a far more pleasant place. Keep them coming.

Thank you

Productive or not, it's a pleasure to read an online article that doesn't appear to be written by an eight year old. If only the rest of the online world knew the difference between new and knew, to and too, etc., and had at least a small grasp on punctuation, it would be a far more pleasant place. Keep them coming.

Thank you

What I don't understand is the people who have blatant spelling errors.

Your browser will tell you when you spelled something wrong, especially if it's your native language. Spellcheck is even enabled by default.

It puts a red-sguiggly-line-of-stupidity under your misspelled word. How the heck are you able to ignore that?!? Spelling like 'alot' and 'noone' can grate on my nerves a little bit. Those aren't even words!

I do make errors, but I at least try to avoid them. I'll make no claims of perfection, but I will lay a claim of attention. Sometimes, I'll be in a rush and not notice something. It does happen.

Also, you can use Grammarly for free. It has quite a bit of functionality even in the free format. I've used that for my articles for almost a year now. It has helped me appear to be a better writer than I am. It not only highlights spelling errors but also other errors such as basic punctuation errors.

I tried to sign up to be an affiliate but they denied me. Even though my readers are the types of readers who would be interested in writing better. My readers are also the kind of people who type a lot and have disposable income. They denied me for no specific reason.

What I don't understand is the people who have blatant spelling errors.
When it comes to articles, I'm guessing a lot of folks are using some sort of text editor that doesn't do spell check. Then they just upload it without a care in the world at how lazy/inept/dumb it makes them look.

One of my news sources is NewsMax. Their writers come off looking like grade school writers more often than not. And those folks are supposed to be "professionals".

Whatever your process, I commend you.

Grammarly
Thank you!
Just tried Grammarly and it looks good!
;) But it can't figure out all of my misspelled words.
P.S. i do know i is supposed to be capitalised.
P.S.S. My spelling is atrocious!

Just tried Grammarly and it looks good!

See? Grammarly should have paid me $20 for that! LOL

I have no idea why they didn't accept me into their affiliate program. They just give a generic list and nothing specific. It could be that I have ads already, but I've seen their affiliate links on sites with as many, or more, ads. So, buggered if I know.

Members online

Latest posts