Today's article has a few ways to graphically visualize your disk usage.

That was last updated right around Christmas and, as far as I know, is very much alive.
Ah you're right. It's still pretty old though and qdirstat was last updated in April. I didn't skim, but I did kind of confused the names lol I was checking your link https://windirstat.net/ and there they pointed to kdirstat as a linux alternative.

I may still do another article with other tools to visualize your disk usage with tools like ncdu. The applications in this article are all graphically visualizing it. I'll put it on my list of potential article ideas and see where it goes.

LOL Someone who clearly didn't read the article commented trying really hard to appear smart. I have no idea who they are, but their comment may amuse folks.

Someone who clearly didn't read the article commented...

If you google

qdirstat tom schmidt

it appears he is an advocate for QDirStat (at least 3 other references) and is a member of the openSUSE Lizards (now defunct I think).

Wiz

If you google

I did not. I didn't invest much energy at all. I just typed an appropriate response after approving their post.

Though I'm glad you did! Maybe they're some kind of mentally ill person on a personal mission to comment on all QDirStat posts?

Yes, yes I did approve their comment. I ain't afraid of criticism! Though I do wish folks would actually read the articles before leveling criticism.

Hmm... I guess it's possibly a good thing. It means my site must be getting indexed well enough for them to find it in such a short amount of time! Actually, the site is doing pretty well (for its age) at Google. Bing straight up hates the site and refuses to index it, but Google loves it. Amusingly, the .gq domain was the exact opposite. Maybe as I 301 redirect the .gq articles to the .us domain Bing will like it more?

Also, the small pictures issue should be resolved in all future articles. You should be able to click on them and they'll expand to a larger image which can then be closed. It's just a bit of scripting enabled with Angular, so it's fairly lightweight on the site's loading speed.

Anyhow, as I was saying, I spent zero time and effort finding out who Tom Schmidt is. Beyond responding there and generating a chuckle here on this site, I'd pretty much already forgotten them. I don't let petty stuff like that bother me.

Latest posts