Thanks for allowing me to join.

The Story Continues.

Currently I successfully run Linux Mint 21.1 XFCE and Linux Mint 20.3, on all four computers that I own.

My oldest machine which is 16 years old now, currently runs Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE. Mostly because I was unable to boot it into Linux Mint 21.1 XFCE. There is just something in the installer that puts the boot files in a location that the old BIOS can't find them. Even if you manually partition it so that there is no efi partition, somehow those files end up in the wrong place for that machine. So it's currently stuck on Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE.

Currently I run my Laptop off of Windows 7 on an internal hard drive, and run Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE on a fully installed USB drive. I keep Windows 7 around for the reasons I mentioned above in my first post. I use the Linux install when I want to take that computer online.

Back in 2016 I built a Desktop Computer, with the idea of running Linux and Windows on it. I consulted with people in the Linux Mint forums and the cupoflinux forums. The only upgrade I had to do was install an nvidia card to get the video to work correctly. I still use that computer today.

My other machine, the one I started talking about the most here, is the HP machine. While it doesn't do very well with Debian or Debian based distros. It does good with Linux Mint 21.3 xfce, and based on my tests many others.

The Story Continues.

 Hello, and welcome

Don't think so ...

I was watching the show "Secrets of The Dead" on PBS. Now they say that vikings were really small people.

Great series. I have it on DVD or Bluray. Hmm... It's probably DVD.

I recently did some upgrades to my media room, but so few things take advantage of Dolby Atmos.

I recently did some upgrades to my media room, but so few things take advantage of Dolby Atmos.
yes mostly farmers and traders too
not what most folks imagine

I don't think I trust the secrets of the dead. They are interesting, but then try and verify what they are telling us. Do you ever try and verify the things they say?

not what most folks imagine

Yup. Good times.

They are interesting, but then try and verify what they are telling us. Do you ever try and verify the things they say?

From what I know of history, they appear fairly accurate. However, I watch for entertainment, not some soft of scholarly pursuit. If you're watching television as a scholarly exercise, you're doing it wrong.

Yup. Good times.

From what I know of history, they appear fairly accurate. However, I watch for entertainment, not some soft of scholarly pursuit. If you're watching television as a scholarly exercise, you're doing it wrong.
That show kinda bores me. If they aren't trying to be accurate then there really is no point in watching it.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Members online