Splintered Thread from___Drive Failure Imminent_"Last Option"

Take all the time you need - I always have plenty of fish to fry around here. :)

Take all the time you need - I always have plenty of fish to fry around here. :)
It's taking a long time to upload.
Just hang! You'll get get to hear my central Texas drawl soon enough!

It's in two files. I accidentally stopped recording instead of pausing. I might stop it and try to change the quality. It's HD. I didn't think about using a lower resolution. If that fails, I'll upload it tomorrow when I'm in town. At home I have a 4G connection. In town it's 5G UW. It will upload in no time.

By the way,

I can multi-task like nobody's business, but talking requires every single brain cell I've got

My limited multitasking ability while speaking will be evident.

I didn't see a way to edit the resolution of the videos. I'll have to upload them tomorrow.

January 19th. That was the day I first started using Linux. Nothing has worked out. For 38 days now, I still don't have a full install. I don't think any could question my determination to leave Windows for good.

Not a lot I can say, really, and I am up-to-date with other Thread.

From that

I'll go with a super cheap tower or laptop. Maybe an external drive too. We'll see.

If you can get a Dell in that category, whether laptop or desktop, grab it.

I have used (in my Linux journeys) Dell tower, Compaq Presario laptop, Toshiba Satellite laptop, Acer All-in-one, ASUS desktop, and Dell, Dell.

I keep coming back to Dell, and will stay with it. But the Toshiba Satellite laptop (8GB RAM) was able to have 40 Linux installed on its 1 TB SATA HDD... but it was refurbished and its touch screen was crap.

From that

I have used (in my Linux journeys) Dell tower, Compaq Presario laptop, Toshiba Satellite laptop, Acer All-in-one, ASUS desktop, and Dell, Dell.

I keep coming back to Dell, and will stay with it. But the Toshiba Satellite laptop (8GB RAM) was able to have 40 Linux installed on its 1 TB SATA HDD... but it was refurbished and its touch screen was crap.
I saw a Dell on Ebay pretty cheap. But I need something ASAP. I saw something that looked decent at pawn shop. I asked them if I could check the UEFI settings for passwords. They had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to explain but it didn't help the look of total confusion! They just stopped me and said "Sure, no problem. And yes we have a keyboard and monitor. You can check for what ever the hell it is you're talking about".

From that

I still think my ASUS is probably fine. My nerves too wired up lately to trust that I won't break another capacitor or cause a self inflicted barrier to get it going again. A friend told me about something else that could also be the problem. But again, I'm not willing to chance an accident, especially not with my ASUS.

I still think my ASUS is probably fine. My nerves too wired up lately to trust that I won't break another capacitor or cause a self inflicted barrier to get it going again. A friend told me about something else that could also be the problem. But again, I'm not willing to chance an accident, especially not with my ASUS.
I got this. I was too tired to put in yesterday

Last edited:
I saw a Dell on Ebay pretty cheap. But I need something ASAP. I saw something that looked decent at pawn shop. I asked them if I could check the UEFI settings for passwords. They had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to explain but it didn't help the look of total confusion! They just stopped me and said "Sure, no problem. And yes we have a keyboard and monitor. You can check for what ever the hell it is you're talking about".
There's that deer in the headlight look I always get when I mention stuff like that jeez.

Off Topic but my fault - they can be, but if you have a bag of corn kernels, they can be your best friend, lol.

They're nowhere near as bad as the drop bears.....

Tourists are the main targets of such stories.[12][13] These tales are often accompanied by advice that the hearer adopt various tactics purported to deter drop bear attacks—including placing forks in the hair, having Vegemite or toothpaste spread behind the ears or in the armpits, urinating on oneself, and only speaking English in an Australian accent.

oh hell yeah !....dont forget the vegemite !

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts