Remote control another Ubuntu system and file sharing

I have found this solution, has anybody experience with this method? I don't really know if this works over a server. If this is the case the solution is not good.
I had not heard of DWService before, but they seem quite similar to TeamViewer.... that is, it looks like much of their remote control connection goes through their servers too. I did not dig into their site too carefully to see if they offer a LAN-only solution, but I didn't see anything in their FAQ or Documentation specific to LAN use.

I had not heard of DWService before, but they seem quite similar to TeamViewer.... that is, it looks like much of their remote control connection goes through their servers too. I did not dig into their site too carefully to see if they offer a LAN-only solution, but I didn't see anything in their FAQ or Documentation specific to LAN use.
If this is has the same logic like TeamViewer than this is not really an alternative solution. So I will use TeamViewer better. Thank you @stan.

Also, if you already have VNC up and running, you can just VNC into 'em and set up TeamViewer. That'll save you some trips up and down the stairs.

You can run teamviewer over a LAN without internet, and if I am reading the end of the article correctly, you don't need to run up and down the stairs.

x2go works well too, you install x2go server on the system you want to connect to and x2go client on the system you are connection from. Allows you to connect to the installed graphical environment and uses the ssh port.

x2go works well too, you install x2go server on the system you want to connect to and x2go client on the system you are connection from. Allows you to connect to the installed graphical environment and uses the ssh port.
@f33dm3bits Can you read my thoughts ? :). I have just tried out the X2go solution and it looks quite good. The only drawback is that the original desktop gets not supported by default instead you have to choose one via the drop down menu in the settings. To configure the server and the client I have used this guide which explains everything quite good. I have tried this on Ubuntu 20.04. LTS and it is very quick. Another solution maybe could be also AnyDesk but it is for commercial use very expensive like TeamViewer is. Check this out guys maybe it is also a solution for you.

@f33dm3bits Can you read my thoughts ? :). I have just tried out the X2go solution and it looks quite good.
I think you may have been working on something similar in another topic you had where I mentioned it. So seems like you took my advice in that topic and just recently decided to try it. :)

I think you may have been working on something similar in another topic you had where I mentioned it. So seems like you took my advice in that topic and just recently decided to try it. :)
Maybe I can't remember when it was but if you say that it would be right :). Nevertheless, the X2go solution is a good one :).

EDIT:
When I try to choosse the GNOME desktop option the connection starts but gets disconnected. Why? Ihave tried what this guy here says:
sudo apt-get install gnome-flashback
but this doesn't work. Is there any other solution? I believe the gnome desktop support gets not installed.

Last edited: