Reddit in AI content licensing deal with Google February 22, 2024

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
Social media platform Reddit has struck a deal with Google (GOOGL.O), opens new tab to make its content available for training the search engine giant's artificial intelligence models,

Does this mean another avenue of collecting people's information has just been gobbled up by google ?

It may also pose the question if any info from our own tuxbot has any outlet that google etc can also gobble up

It may also pose the question if any info from our own tuxbot has any outlet that google etc can also gobble up

That's all public. Unless you block it with robots.txt, Google will index it.

That's just a tool for people doing SEO.

Pretty much every site on the 'net wants to be indexed by Google. Your content is even known as UGC (User Generated Content) and is considered some of the best content to get indexed on Google. There's even a special markup tag for UGC.

Anything you type in public on the 'net is going to be scooped up by Google. They send out spiders constantly, adjusting the rate for some sites like this one. This site will be indexed constantly.

That's how the 'net works, I suppose.

I don't know of any sites that block Google in their robots.txt file. Then again, if they did block Google then it'd be even less likely that I'd know about them. I'm sure some shady site blocks Google.

There's a special classification for content not available via search engines. It's known as the 'deep web'.

Members online