Post a screenshot of your Desktop

My MX Linux

With MX can you place the task bar on the bottom of the screen?
I like to use the left side and the bottom of my screen for the access icons.

With MX can you place the task bar on the bottom of the screen?
I like to use the left side and the bottom of my screen for the access icons.
The start menu is on the left by default, you can set up, down, left, right.

Try doing a visual search for the picture (www.bing.com has a good tool, just search for "visual search").

You'd need to do that without the desktop icons.

spacex-wallpaper.png

@alkion can find this in /usr/share/backgrounds/pop/ it is one of the default wallpapers.

It is called spacex-81773.jpg, and depicts a satellite which was going to fall to Earth November - December 2017.

Google searches reveal a number of sites featuring it (one in reverse) but I had no indication of what country it stemmed from.

Wizard

Last edited:
HAIKU R1/beta2: :) :) :) :)

VirtualBox_h_11_06_2020_12_07_44.png

The start menu is on the left by default, you can set up, down, left, right.
Thanks for that. for I like to keep everything to my left, funnily enough just like when I am using a drafting table everything to the left of me, maybe because I instinctively reach for things with my left hand.

Mine. Kubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200627_155132.png
    Screenshot_20200627_155132.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 623
Last edited:
I put these screenshots together the other day. It's changed slightly since then but this is a fairly accurate representation.

This originated with my frustration of Mac-like setups that were inaccurate. I decided to go all-in with this one.

This is using KDE Plasma and Latte-dock. The launcher application is Slingscold, which is pretty tricky to install.

Attachments

• Plasma-as-macOS.jpg
    Plasma-as-macOS.jpg
    933.2 KB · Views: 812
I don't do too much customization, but here's mine.
Screenshot from 2020-07-27 09-29-50.png

I actually have my backgrounds running as a slideshow but for a screenshot I prefer this wallpaper because it matches could with the rest of my Desktop.

Staff online