Oh! NO! Tell Me it ant's so!

MSFT has been paying Linux developers for quite a while now. At one point in my life, that's not a sentence I'd have expected to type - ever.

Though, I think we all forget that MSFT was once the leading reseller of Unix and had their own Unix.

That's right. Before MSFT had Windows, they had Unix. This is often forgotten - and it was still proprietary (as was most everything at the time) - but it was indeed a Unix.

It was called Xenix and you've likely never heard of it or have forgotten it completely. You can download it and install it today.

So, well... I suppose we might once have pictured MSFT supporting Linux at a high level. We probably didn't, but we could have... Once upon a time...

EDIT:

I searched YouTube and I haven't watched this yet - but it looks promising.

I'll go ahead and watch it now. If it turns out to be a poor link choice, I'll edit this comment to remove it.

Well, partly. Wife and I are nursing our first time with the virus. We are both loaded up with vaccines, and it has not been severe for us so far. Quite a few friends/family have had it recently too, so it seems to be picking up for our winter season. We are improving, and wife is itching to get back to work... to get away from me, I'm sure. ;)
(Deleted - language, Wizard) I guess I stuck my foot in it that time. :oops: Sorry, mate. Make sure that you both kick it's ass soundly. Glad to hear that it is not severe for either of you. Get well soon!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
(Deleted - language, Wizard) I guess I stuck my foot in it that time. :oops: Sorry, mate. Make sure that you both kick it's ass soundly. Glad to hear that it is not severe for either of you. Get well soon!:)
Sorry, Wiz! I should have said oh, shucks. I'll try to curb my tongue in the future:eek:! Nyuk, nyuk.

Thanks, Paul... we're both back to normal now. Well, you know... normal for us! :oops:o_O
You beat me to the punch, mate. Good to hear that all is well. I would not wish that crap on anyone. So as the old saying goes, you came, you saw, you kicked its' butt.!:p Who you gonna call? (Covid busters!)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online