NZBGet: no permission to access mounted Samba share

Bert-Jan56

Reaction score
Credits
I've installed Ubuntu server 20.04 as a VM on a Proxmox server. I then installed samba and mounted a couple of Samba shares (on a NAS) via fstab. I mounted one of those shares to /mnt/Downloads
This works fine, as far as I can see (I'm no expert), I can access everything in /mnt/Downloads and can read write and create files.
The /mnt/Downloads folder has all the subfolders I need for NZBGet: 'nzb', 'complete' 'incomplete' etc.

I then installed Docker, and NZBGet in Docker. NZBGet is up and running. As the MainDir in NZBGet I put /mnt/Downloads. This does not work; I get a couple of errors for the NzbDir, the QueueDir and the TempDit. All simillar: Permission denied

nzbget.conf(46): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/mnt/Downloads/NZBGet/nzb): could not create directory /mnt/Downloads: Permission denied

I came from Windows and am relatively new in Linux, I do not understand how to give NZBGet the permissions needed to access /mnt/Downloads. I tried sudo chmod a+rwx /mnt/Downloads but that did not solve the issue.

Any help very much appreciated!

How did you mount the /mnt/Downloads directory in your Nzbget docker container?

Under 'Volumes' I have this (image from Portainer):

2020-11-07_17-56.png

I hope this answers your question, it's all still a bit new to me.

I have never heard of Portainer so wouldn't know what to tell you. As what user does Nzbget run as in the container and can you show the permissions of the /downloads directory.

I'm still too much of a newbie to give a certain answer to those questions, so for now I dumped the container idea and installed NZBGet simply directly onto the OS. That worked fine. I'll have to read up more on using docker, Portainer and the likes before trying again.
Thanks for the help though!

I don't have much experience with containers either but I have worked a bit with them but it's been too long. I'll have to start experimenting with some myself again to get into the whole working again.

Staff online

Members online