• Important: We recently upgraded our forum software - please let us know if you run into any issues.

New to Linux - Need Guidance

Condobloke

Unique....comes to mind

olds442

Hello! Been very busy here. Am in the middle of redoing the computer and radio room to make way for a new desk setup. Everything is out, moved into different places in the house. Computer and desk in living room, radios all put up except the Cobra 142. Tore out all the carpet and pad, had to remove all the staples and nails in the floor...ugh. Just got the new flooring put in yesterday. Vinyl plank grip strip flooring with an oak finish...looks really good. That was a lot of work...hands are sore from pushing on the planks to seat them properly, knees are battered...not an easy thing. Not to mention having to work around trim and other objects. Still some small pieces to do, and put the trim back on the wall, then I can start installing the new desk setup. Going to take some time to get it all back together, but it will be nice when it is done. Maybe I can get back around to working with Linux then. I'll post some pictures when it is done.

Condobloke

I look forward to seeing that

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
but it will be nice when it is done.
Can you come and do our place when you are finished? I'll buy you a steak and a beer?

We have kangaroos in our back yard. :D

Wiz
BTW we have that vinyl with a wood finish, it attracts good comments from visitors and is so easy to clean (God, I sound domesticated, but I am my wife's Carer, too). :)

olds442

Hehe, thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure if I want to do this again...very hard on the body....wow, I sound like I must be getting older or something...:D Might have the floor in the next room installed by someone else :p

Members online