New, not new to Linux

Trickster2369

Reaction score
Credits
This site looked like a good place to land for advice, and trolling for my own answers.

I've gave up on Windows around 9 years ago, and have never looked back. I chose Linux Mint at that time, and loved it. As of a year ago, I purchased a new laptop, Darter Pro, from System76, and running PoP_OS on it. I am able to get around pretty well in Linux, and can follow directions, or hints without issue. If there is a subject I can help with a solution, I will, but only if I'm absolutely sure of my advice.

I graduated HS in the late 80's, which means I've been around for a lot of the innovations regarding computers. I've used/owned anything from an Apple II, a few HP machines along the way, up to the desktop I "built" back in 2013, which is still on my desk, and my current laptop. I have also grown up through the cell phone era, working with android since the OG Droid, up through my current Pixel 5. I have had experience rooting/flashing them, etc.

I tell you all this to let you know that I am a jack of all trades, Master of none. And, I do not aspire to be master, just learning more about the systems that I use.

I am from the great state of South Dakota, in the good old USA.

G'day Trickster, Welcome to Linux.org

Settle in, stay a while/forever...learn as much as you like, impart to others what you already know.

G'day from another Aussie - looking forward to seeing you around.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome young'en from a Brit,
just kick off your shoes, grab a beer and jump in, enjoy the ride, it can be fun

Bwiz

Wonderful to have you here. Hope you see you around the forum. Enjoy! :)

We can use someone who's into the mobile sector. We get some questions 'cause some people know Android has a Linux kernel underneath it.

Welcome ! Always great to have someone who has been on Linux for a long time.
My join date on here is how long I have been on Linux . So I guess that makes me 4 years old in Linux years lol!

Welcome ! Always great to have someone who has been on Linux for a long time.
My join date on here is how long I have been on Linux . So I guess that makes me 4 years old in Linux years lol!
Well, thank you, but don't let 8 or 9 years using linux fool you. I can be just as dumb as they come at times. I truly am a user, who wants to learn more as I go.

@Trickster2369
G'day with a hearty welcome from another Aussie though abiding in northern climes now in eastern Europe.
Nothing wrong with just being a user but we as users of Linux also have the some of the know how to fix some errors that or machines throw up unlike with that huckster OS called vindows. One of the reasons that helped make the jump for I am a tradesman and a tradesman looks after his tools.

Members online