New Debian based distro

Kahunser

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, im creating my own debian-based hacking distro but i dont have a name for it. Maybe yall can help with it ?

"Debian - Go Straight to Prison Edition" is a fine name.

jail-ian xD

From chatgpt:

1. Hackian
  2. DebHack
  3. SecuDeb
  4. DebiPwn
  5. Cryptix
  6. PentestOS
  7. IntruderX
  8. DebianSleuth
  9. NinjaDeb
  10. Vulnix

Before you get started. kali and parrot are already debian (or ubuntu?) based. Its a MASSIVE pain to maintain all of those hacking tools and put them into apt.

If you plan on getting the tools from github and compiling them yourself, and then packaging them, you better hire a team to do that with you ;)

Before you get started. kali and parrot are already debian (or ubuntu?) based. Its a MASSIVE pain to maintain all of those hacking tools and put them into apt.

If you plan on getting the tools from github and compiling them yourself, and then packaging them, you better hire a team to do that with you ;)
Yes i use Parrot for now, its Debian based (thats why i wanted to create a Debian based distro) and i just want a distro with the tools i use, so itll be more lightweight and maybe if more peoples wants the distro, then i can ask them what tool they want to be preinstalled and if a good number wants a certain tool, imma add this tool.

Thats the plan, idk if its good, ive never tried something like this lol

Yes i use Parrot for now, its Debian based (thats why i wanted to create a Debian based distro) and i just want a distro with the tools i use, so itll be more lightweight and maybe if more peoples wants the distro, then i can ask them what tool they want to be preinstalled and if a good number wants a certain tool, imma add this tool.

Thats the plan, idk if its good, ive never tried something like this lol
If you only want that install qubes-os and install the debian minimal template, then add the kali repos to it and install only the tools you need.
You can hardly get more lightweight and qubes adds some extra security and what not.

Its what I use and i love it.

If you only want that install qubes-os and install the debian minimal template, then add the kali repos to it and install only the tools you need.
You can hardly get more lightweight and qubes adds some extra security and what not.

Its what I use and i love it.
Well i think imma do something like this, thanks for the tip :)

Well i think imma do something like this, thanks for the tip :)
Let me know if you have any qubes related questions. I'm utterly familiar with it.

When you do the install it'll ask you how to configure it, what VMs to create. STICK WITH THE DEFAULTS! Just trust me on this one.

If you want to use it as your daily driver: preferably have a second computer to "use" while you get started with qubes. It might take you a tiny bit to get through it. If not in the beginning I would recommend you to create a standalone VM, install all packages you need and put your complete backup into it. This will get you started the fastest way.
Then from there on you can "fan out" your applications into different, better secured VMs.

Staff online

Members online