Need some assistance

ghostanon

Reaction score
Credits
Thought I would check over here at the gaming community and see if I could pick your brains. I have a new 7900xtx that I had working for a minute, sort of. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get OpenCL to to go in this. The closest I got was missing a glx1100 file from mesa/mesa that I could never find. Now here's the kicker, it's on a Kali machine. Before you say anything I've been on this platform since backtrack right after they switched from knoppix to debian and I DO use it for what it's intended, legally. If there's anyone who can figure this out I'd be will to compensate for their time. I have considered remote access if someone can vouch for you. Thank guys.

I've gotten opencl installed on a vm using the amdgpu-install like how you described in your other topic. Changed one of the lines in the file(/usr/bin/amdgpu-install) to include Kali and then ran "amdgpu-install --no-dkms --usecase=opencl" to install rocm-opencl-runtime and rebooted

How are you testing that if opencl is working and finding that your are missing the "glx1100" file?

The closest I got was missing a glx1100 file from mesa/mesa that I could never find. Now here's the kicker, it's on a Kali machine.
I just came across this.
Maybe you are running into one of the things that has been fixed in mes 23.1.
So it might be a try to see if you can compile and install that version yourself since Kali is still using mesa 22.3?

I've gotten opencl installed on a vm using the amdgpu-install like how you described in your other topic. Changed one of the lines in the file(/usr/bin/amdgpu-install) to include Kali and then ran "amdgpu-install --no-dkms --usecase=opencl" to install rocm-opencl-runtime and rebooted

How are you testing that if opencl is working and finding that your are missing the "glx1100" file?
I'm not sure if I had it and then it somehow went away o if there was something eolse in it's place. What puzzles me is why hasn't this been added to any updates or installation packages. I have found search results with this exactl same poblem dating back a couple years. Programming isn;t really my thing and after reading though Mesa 3D instructions it gave me a headache. The ROCm were even wose. Now llvm16 has the files. So I got it, iinstalled them, put hte repository together and got the error regarding no release files for repository *************. Except theere were so I was puzzled after thatt and since it deprecated my source repsoitory I dleleted them with the hope on an update or it will just automatically fill in the blanks.

In your other topic you said.
By the way, still no further than I was on the gpu. I do have it narrowed to one missing file,
fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory
Detected GPUs: AMD: 1
That one right there. And I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. It looks like an ongoing issue as well because it used to be 1010 that was missing, mine is 1100.
Where I replied "Wouldn't that just mean that lib clc is too old?" Wouldn't it be worth it to ask the llvm community?
Since that version seems to be related to libclc?

Members online