Mutt, SMTP and automated email sending with new Gmail regulations

superleo

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I have been using MUTT (SMTP protocols) to automatically send email from a Gmail account. Since May 30th 2022, it seems that Google does not support SMTP protocols for whatever security reasons, and automated sending no longer works.

How to use this Gmail account to keep on sending automated messages with Linux (ubuntu is fact used)? In fact, I would like to know what Linux functionalities could carry out this task, and/or how to reconfigure Mutt to do the job.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm... I can use SMTP just fine with Google. So, before jumping ship and trying anything drastic, see if your settings match this:

Account Settings - Mozilla Thunderbird_001.png

Like, in your username do things like make sure that you're using the full email address as your username. Though, I'm not sure if MUTT supports OAuth2 - but, by the same token, that hasn't changed in a long time - it has been OAuth2 for quite some time.

Thank you for your intervention. I have been using Mutt for months with success, until Google changes its regulations. Your intervention might not help, I am afraid.

Members online

Latest posts