Mint 21.2 stable released

Blueman was upgraded to version 2.3.5.

Either run it as a live version, upgrade from the update manager, or Install it.....and find out.

Blueman was upgraded to version 2.3.5.

Either run it as a live version, upgrade from the update manager, or Install it.....and find out.
Downloading. Will find out soon enough how this works with my hardware.

The issues I encountered seem to be fixed. No longer seeing devices being stuck in a loop unable to connect without external help.

With 21.1 I was seeing a controller and a keyboard both being stuck in a connect loop unable to be used. Fixed it by installing bluetuith. But it's real bad when you can't just use a keyboard without major hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
@pjs012 the update manager is ready to update ....and the system Reports will combine with update manager to provide LM 21.2
Nothing from System Reports here yet - must be being rolled out incrementally.

I have an instinct that the hiccup was possibly caused by a tiny glitch in the Internet connection...I am using the default Software Sources....I am in Australia. All things are possible.
I am also in Australia (Perth). I use aarnet as my software source - usually the quickest in this area.

When I mentioned Software Source, I mean the server that my internet provider (TPG) has to draw infoprmation from is in either Europe or USA. They get the updates etc etc sooner than the servers do in Oz.
If there are storms etc in the Oceans between here and there, sometimes that is enough to interrupt the flow !

And...Welcome to Linux.org !!

Hope the Bluetooth Manager is better in 21.2 than the one included in 21.1. Such a silly pain in the behind when bluetooth isn't working when it worked perfectly in 20.
I do not usually use bluetooth.

I note that when I type bluetooth into the menu, it presents with something called Bluez

I look to my iPhone for some sort of connection/recognition....ony to be met with an error after approx 20 seconds or so that says...:
2023-07-26_11-04.png

So...it does not work. The Blueman Applet is in the startup applications
2023-07-26_11-07.png

I have zero to nil clues about this, and how to effect a fix.
EDIT TO ADD: PROBLEM FOUND....IT RELATES TO TBITC
(
the boofhead in the chair) ...embarrassing when the b'tooth adapter is not plugged into the usb port properly.

In addition to the above grumble.....my printer, in its wisdom, decided to chuck a tanty (tantrum) on 21.2, also.

After a LOT of screwing around...basically reinstalling the printer a few times......it now appears to operate properly. I shall continue to hold my breath until I have something really important to print...at which time it is almost guaranteed to throw in the towel.

I noticed that 'Notifications' had been turned off in settings. Definitely not done by mwah....so Victoris can sop the blame for that. Not a biggie...turned them back on and all is well.
I did note that the notifications coming from Linux.org were seriously unreliable....sometimes telling me of an update to a topic which was already done and dusted...sometimes multiple hours old....even days old. ....and then sometimes not at all.

Is anybody experiencing any glitches/problems/devastating changes..?.....

Last edited:
The Blueman Applet should be in your panel (bluetooth symbol).
I just connected my Galaxy S22 to my PC in less than 20 Seconds.
It works fine...for me anyway ;)
Screenshot from 2023-07-25 20-33-11.png

T

I note that when I type bluetooth into the menu, it presents with something called Bluez

I look to my iPhone for some sort of connection/recognition....ony to be met with an error after approx 20 seconds or so that says...:
2023-07-26_11-04.png

this may be worth its own post if it remains a problem. it doesn't sound like the issue, but you could try checking

rfkill

to see if bluetooth is blocked and/or

systemctl status bluetooth

Is anybody experiencing any glitches/problems
my screen has started waking itself up at seemingly random times. still trying to figure out troubleshooting or whether i want to post about that as well.

I edited Post #26

:confused:I have zero to nil clues about this, and how to effect a fix.
EDIT TO ADD: PROBLEM FOUND....IT RELATES TO TBITC
(
the boofhead in the chair) ...embarrassing when the b'tooth adapter is not plugged into the usb port properly.
OOps. I missed the boofhead, my bad

It's actually much easier, and faster than Windoze 11.

Not a lot new but solid .....

I agree .
But looking at the release notes , I can't see one single reason why I would risk troubling
my perfectly fine Mint 21 system with this update .

..... check my signature ..... lol !

I agree .
But looking at the release notes , I can't see one single reason why I would risk troubling
my perfectly fine Mint 21 system with this update .

..... check my signature ..... lol !
No reason to upgrade at this time unless you choose to.
I'm finding 21.2 working well here. no complaints at all.

Last edited:

Members online