Lots of interesting info in Clem's March blog.

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
The march Blog from Cinnamon head Developer Clem is full of info about the upcoming Mint 22 Release that those using Mint may find interesting.
See here:
Of interest to me is the fact that Mint will package Thunderbird e-mail client and not go with the Ubuntu snap package. That is good news!

Of interest to me is the fact that Mint will package Thunderbird e-mail client
Glad about that I am not too enamoured with snap

Note that there is also a Flathub package for Thunderbird available via the Software Manager. ......note it has been available right throughout the duration of LM21

I made mention in the comments area of Clem's blurb re the ongoing problems with Hypnotix

I made mention in the comments area of Clem's blurb
I just checked again out of 108 uk channels i can get about 5 all children's or news, none of the channels i would watch

Whether he reacts or not remains to be seen. I wont hold my breath.

Back after 62 hours without power or Internet. Good to have them back!

Back after 62 hours without power or Internet. Good to have them back!

I wondered if you had been hammered. You still got mains power back faster than we did in the December storm. I don't lose power, just access to mains power.

Here's the amazing thing...

I did not lose mains power at all during this storm. It didn't even flicker, as far as I know.

I don't recall that ever happening. If there's a major outage, I'm among the first to lose mains power. I'm also among the last to get said power restored.

This time? This time, it the outage didn't impact me. We did have some outages in the area, but I was fine. One of those outages wasn't the wind. It was some driver who hit a pole and took the power out. That wasn't in my area, however.

Good to see you're back!

Thanks KGIII We ended up with about 18 inches of heavy wet snow and some rain today. But it took down a lot of power lines and poles around here. But thankfully it's back was getting a bit cold in our apartment as we have no backup heat when the power is off.

But thankfully it's back was getting a bit cold in our apartment as we have no backup heat when the power is off.

I don't have solar and wind because I'm some sort of hippie. I have them because I like my modern conveniences.

But, when it comes to heat, I have backups after backups. The world could nearly end and I'll still have heat as long as I have access to wood. I have giant fireplaces on either end of the house, each with what's known as a 'Russian Chimney' that's slightly improved by the flue path. It's basically a large heat mass. It's also an 'envelope' home.

Coupled with passive solar, I'm good. If the Sun's shining, I barely need to add any heat at all to the system. There's a heat sink buried into the ground, well below the frost line, that uses convection to move water through pipes around the house.

Then, I have an oil-burning boiler and optional electric heat. It sounds contrary to norms but we use electricity a lot because electricity is 'free' for me. It's not really 'free', but you get the idea. If poop really hits the fan, I have a 'whole-house' generator that just so happens to burn diesel - which is essentially the same fuel my boiler uses and I have a (permit acquired, thank you very much) 1000 gallon in-ground tank.

It's a giant house but it doesn't take much to heat it.

Meanwhile, back at Hypnotix....!

I received a reply from Clem. Screenshot of his reply below:
2024-04-09_05-20.png

To say I am not impressed with the casualness of his reply would be an understatement.

I will not allow this to rest

The fact that such a widely separate number of members are experiencing the same discontent with hypnotix, would show that the "problem" here is not with the providers. That would appear to be a 'throw away remark'.

I would have expected a similar response, though maybe explained in a nicer manner.

It's not Mint's fault. It's not their responsibility. (Right? This is just some random software in the repos?)

You should report the bugs/errors upstream, at the project page. They're not going to care at the distro level.

Members online