Looking for a fitting distro for an old netbook.

Knalltuete

Credits
Hy Guys Iam pretty new to the whole Linux world beside a small Raspbian project for my school. I try to breath some new life into an old netbook with the following specs:
Intel® ATOM™ N270 (1,6 GHz, 533 MHz, 512 KB)
1 x 1 GB DDR2 RAM
500 GB SATA HDD
10,2" WSVGA (1024 x 600)
Intel® GMA 950 348 MB
Fast Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth,3-1 card reader
1.3 MP Cam

I already tried Lubuntu but with a Desktop installed it starts sputtering as soon as I do anything else then moving my mouse.
Is there life left or should I lay it to rest. It would need a new battery and a keyboard so Iam not to keen on spending any money without it running something useful.
Thanks in advance.

captain-sensible

Credits
Bodhi ? The minimum system requirements are 256MB of RAM, 5GB of hard drive space, and a 500MHz processor. Even the recommended specs (512MB RAM, 10GB of drive space, a 1GHz processor) are rather forgiving.

Knalltuete

Credits
Bodhi ? The minimum system requirements are 256MB of RAM, 5GB of hard drive space, and a 500MHz processor. Even the recommended specs (512MB RAM, 10GB of drive space, a 1GHz processor) are rather forgiving.
I will try it thanks. I thinks its more of a problem with the graphics chip so i guess in the end it will propably be terminal only.

Palzaj

Credits
You can install Linux of course with this laptop specification too. Try Puppy Linux, main page - Main page, and install from Puppy forum - Puppy Forum. I like Debian Puppy, which you can find in the Puppy forum ( Puppy Projects ), and especially Debian - DpupBuster version works very good. Here you have also DpupBuster version for Intel Atom - DpupBuster Intel Atom :)

Members online