Linux Screen Brightness

@atanere
I want to explain myself better, I am not English, I try to write in the best possible way, I know Spanish and Romanian regarding minimum and maximum, I did not know how to say minimum in English, I have come here with the fact that I am more people than you can help me and I thank you very much for your commitment to being able to find a solution, in Spain there is not enough community and on top of that they take a long time to respond to you, in what you mentioned about the purchase of a ("window tint") I will take it into account, thank you for that aspect, you also mentioned about the Redshift tool that does not work correctly for me, it marks an error. And as for my eyes, it's not that they hurt, I just played the victim a bit, but my eyes get tired, what I need is a software tool that can add extra black to my screen, in Windows it does I could do it with a tool, I don't understand why it can't be done in Ubuntu Linux.

Screenshot from 2024-03-19 00-40-55.png

@Condobloke

Let's see, I have a dark room, I have the blinds all the way down and then I have an orange backlight. I like my room to be like this, you don't need to mention those types of comments

@edyuser12345, I have withdrawn the 'offending' bit.....but stand by my comment that perhaps you would do well to see an optometrist.
How many hours per day do you spend in front of a screen... This will be the first question a professional will ask you. To need to go to the lengths you go to, are indicative of eye strain.....possibly severe eye strain.

...it appears you are using wayland.

Yes, Eduard referenced that at #8, where he said

I get this warning when I run the command

▶ brightness-controller
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.

Eduard, are you able to change from Wayland to X11/Xorg?

In my Ubuntu Desktop, using the method and link I described previously for brightness-controller, I can get as with the following

H3INWPg.jpeg

... and my screen is actually dimmer than that, but the phone camera brightened it a little.

You can see, also, that the slider control could be lowered even further to suit.

Wizard

Yes, Eduard referenced that at #8, where he said

Eduard, are you able to change from Wayland to X11/Xorg?

In my Ubuntu Desktop, using the method and link I described previously for brightness-controller, I can get as with the following

H3INWPg.jpeg

... and my screen is actually dimmer than that, but the phone camera brightened it a little.

You can see, also, that the slider control could be lowered even further to suit.

Wizard
Thank you very much

Staff online