Linux Boot Loop Issue

m1nem

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I have a certain problem with my computer, I am unable to use Linux for reasons unknown to me. Initially, I thought my external network card was faulty, but I was mistaken. Currently, I think it might be the Ethernet module on the motherboard, but I'm not entirely sure because the system still doesn't boot with the parameter modprobe.blacklist=r81* or modprobe.blacklist=r*. It boots, but after one minute it's just rebooting the pc itself. I've tried downloading Arch, Mint, Kali, Debian, Manjaro, Nobara, PopOS - all had the same problem. When I boot from a USB drive with the system installation, it doesn't work until I enter modprobe.blacklist=r81* in the kernel parameters - then the live ISO boots up, I can install the system, I can run it about 2-3 times and then the same problem occurs again and modprobe.blacklist=r81* no longer works. Very strange situation, I've never encountered such a thing on my old computer, by the way, I now have a new computer on which I would also like to have Linux as the main system. I have two drives in it - one SSD 128GB and the other M.2 1TB. I would like to have Nubara Linux / PopOS! on one and Windows 11 for games like Forza Horizon 5 or Fortnite, which are hard to run on Linux. Overall, I would really like to have Linux for security, I just feel safer on Linux and I know that downloading a virus compatible with this system is practically impossible (I'm not saying they don't exist at all).

My specification is:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
MoBo: Gigabyte A520 Aorus Elite
RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 2x16GB 3200Mhz

Last edited:

G'day m1nem, Welcome to Linux.org

That is all rather complex

To go right back to basics, ....

Have you disabled Secure Boot ?

Have you disabled Fast Boot ?

Which app did you use to 'make" the bootable usb stick?

Did you verify the download/s?

I will assume we are working on the new PC

I will further assume that we are talking about Linux Mint as the OS to run/install

I will ask one more question what is the video card in that machine?

G'day m1nem, Welcome to Linux.org

That is all rather complex

To go right back to basics, ....

Have you disabled Secure Boot ?

Have you disabled Fast Boot ?

Which app did you use to 'make" the bootable usb stick?

Did you verify the download/s?

I will assume we are working on the new PC

I will further assume that we are talking about Linux Mint as the OS to run/install

secure boot and fast boot are disabled. I used Balena Etcher and the bootable pendrive was OK. I also tried rufus and the same problem happens. I want to use Nobara on this pc, not Mint

Best bet against secure boot will be Ubuntu. Newer Mint and others have the keys;) too, but...
Do you have on option(bios) to save the keys on a USB thumb-drive ?
Also a option(bios) to delete them(after saving) ?

Fast boot disabled is valid by secure boot enabled and by dual-boot

You have a TPM 2.0 module.
On YouTube you can find tutorials(W and L users) on how to skip/jump over/walking by that module.
It boils down to a USB for that task.

Best bet against secure boot will be Ubuntu. Newer Mint and others have the keys;) too, but...
Do you have on option(bios) to save the keys on a USB thumb-drive ?
Also a option(bios) to delete them(after saving) ?

Fast boot disabled is valid by secure boot enabled and by dual-boot

You have a TPM 2.0 module.
On YouTube you can find tutorials(W and L users) on how to skip/jump over/walking by that module.
I found the solution

I started the system with the
Code:
modprobe.blacklist=NetworkManager
parameter and it seems to work. but now the wifi adapter is not working. When i turned on systemd-networkd, the pc didn't reboot so i can use it. The main problem now is, that i don't know how to set up networkd

Maybe THIS will help you. Provided by forum's moderator @KGIII
I don't mess with network-manager, but I know that somewhere on YouTube is an old video on how to --purge it, so you don't have to rely on it.
Still you will have to deal with TPM.

since you had to run that what is the output of lsmod | grep r81
Maybe THIS will help you. Provided by forum's moderator @KGIII
I don't mess with network-manager, but I know that somewhere on YouTube is an old video on how to --purge it, so you don't have to rely on it.
Still you will have to deal with TPM.
WELL, 2 days later i started my PC and same problem happens. I'm not sure if it's because TPM 2.0

WELL, 2 days later i started my PC and same problem happens. I'm not sure if it's because TPM 2.0
Yeah, some words hurts especially when repeated :
I told you so !

If you don't want, if you don't like to hear why, is no problem.
But I told you...you read something but not everything.
I am new to this forum and it is normal to look what the hi-level members have to say.

That's been said, In Linux I'm like...above beginner and below intermediate, but a mechanic when it came to hardware.
I'm not an expert either, but I told you..
So, take a look on YouTube !
Or take the forum's search option.

Should I post a tutorial for you ?

Staff online

Members online