Keyboard+touchpad doesent working after apt install

lordnyx123

Reaction score
Credits
I was trying to connect windows-linux, but after a sudo reboot my pc works well, but i cant interact !!!!, the touchpad works in security mode but i dont know how to restaure. Steps:

1: sudo apt install xrdp xorgxrdp freerdp-x11

xorgxrdp (errror), *you (hold) broken files, unable to install/correct*

so i apt-get aptitude and after sudo aptitude install xorgxrdp and accept all, i still able to use my pc properly.

2: echo env -u SESSION_MANAGER -u DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS xfce4-session>~/.xsession

3:sudo apt-get update/sudo reboot

whent started again, i cant move the mousepad and the keyboard doesent work too!!, i cant use the pc for nothing. How can i fix it ?

Welcome to the forums
Two questions
which build of Linux are you using
what make & full model number is your laptop

Thanks !!,

Build: Linux Mint 19.03 Cinnamon
Pc model: Samsung np-rv411-bd3br

Check in the software manager you have xserver-xorg-imput-synaptics installed.

Then try to install it in recovery mode - assuming you have a network connection.

Yes, I havent the xserver-xorg-imput-synaptics packege before, I installed,but did not worked

Been searching round the Interweb, you could also try in this order
1] whilst switched on, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds [on many laptops this will disconnect the MB battery and purge the capacitors, forcing a bios re-boot]
2] press and hold for 10 seconds, FN+F5 keys at the same time [this should switch off/on the touchpad]
3] if it's the result of a corrupt update, you could run the repair program, [if you can get the grub page up]

Members online

Latest posts