JohnJ From OZ

JohnJ

Reaction score
Credits
Crikey. Hello all. Have just moved from Windows to Linux Mint. Absolute beginner so pardon my ignorance in my posts. I live in Queensland and have two Triumph Bonnevilles and a mighty 1949 Sunbeam S7 Deluxe. I am computer savvy with Windows but no idea about Linux except, to my surprise I loaded it and ran it on a separate partitioned 500gb SSD from my USB on my old Windows laptop. Once I figure out what this Grub thing was I can now boot either Linux Mint or Windows.

G'Day and welcome to the forums
two Triumph Bonnevilles and a mighty
a man after my own heart, I had to give up bikes quite a few years back after an accident [car not bike] that made it too painful to lay on a bike,

As @wizardfromoz has already told you we are awash with Antipodeans, so you should feel at home here.

Spent 25 years of my life in Brisbane, then sea changes and tree changes - Redcliffe, Deception Bay and Caboolture for fifteen tears.

Moved south of the river for love for four years, then we did Lockyer Valley for five years (too flamin' hot, but nice),

Last 17 years at the Granite Belt - 7 years at The Summit and last 8 years at Applethorpe, cool winters.

You'll fit in fine, John, if you stay with us. (Hides envy at Triumphs).

My Thread on Timeshift is here if you need it, but come in at about page 32 or wherever, or you'll get lost like in Jumanji for 20 years.

https://www.linux.org/threads/timeshift-similar-solutions-safeguard-recover-your-linux.15241/

Chris

Spent 25 years of my life in Brisbane, then sea changes and tree changes - Redcliffe, Deception Bay and Caboolture for fifteen tears.

Moved south of the river for love for four years, then we did Lockyer Valley for five years (too flamin' hot, but nice),

Last 17 years at the Granite Belt - 7 years at The Summit and last 8 years at Applethorpe, cool winters.

You'll fit in fine, John, if you stay with us. (Hides envy at Triumphs).

My Thread on Timeshift is here if you need it, but come in at about page 32 or wherever, or you'll get lost like in Jumanji for 20 years.

https://www.linux.org/threads/timeshift-similar-solutions-safeguard-recover-your-linux.15241/

Chris
Another Queenslander. Yep, wife and I have been on the Sunny coast for 24ish years, before that Brisbane, Sydney and on. Will look at your thread re Timeshift. Have looked at different posts and websites about Timeshift and Foxclone. Lots of Pros and Cons for both of them. I am thinking Timeshift, FreeFileSync and Foxclone. Cheers John

Triumph Bonneville

The newer version or older version? You only gave the date for the car.

Welcome aboard, by the way.

Yep, wife and I have been on the Sunny coast for 24ish years,

Oh you bugger, I am nearly jealous.

I was an active lifesaver at Alexandra Headlands SLSC for 8 years from 1976 - 1984, joined, aged 19, at a time a young cadet lifesaver name of Grant Kenny was there.

Loved the Sunshine Coast, spent every other weekend there for several years. When I was not on patrol you might find me anywhere from Caloundra to Noosa, and out to Maleny, Mapleton and so on.

Haven't been there since 2002, I expect it has changed a little. (heaps)

Staff online

Members online