It's out of control

By the way, still no further than I was on the gpu. I do have it narrowed to one missing file,
fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory
Detected GPUs: AMD: 1
That one right there. And I can't for the life of me find it anywhere. It looks like an ongoing issue as well because it used to be 1010 that was missing, mine is 1100.
Wouldn't that just mean that lib clc is too old?
It will probably be worth asking their community?

I think your right, gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': is a problem across the board Linux wise from Arch to Debian based distros
I'm getting closer to resolving this issue. I have located a coulple different locations where this is being addressed. I downloaded one file but it's now coming back with a different error.

fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': file doesn't start with bitcode header

Now it says it has to have a bitcode header.

Over the last 20 years, I have always found AMD/ATI has far better support than Nvidia,

it's not an odd build, just a very cutting edge gaming machine, and well over the top for general everyday computing.
You probably have 2 graphic out puts one on the motherboard [this will use the AMD on board graphics], and one on the back of your Nvidia card, if you are using the onboard graphics make sure you connect the screen to the motherboard output
as @f33dm3bits has said it looks to be working OK. if you're having specific problems when using it, please list them, and one of our members may chip in with more suggestions.
In his sig, it states that his build is a Intel Core i9-13900KF and a AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX 24GB.
"This processor does not have integrated graphics...."
Found HERE
At least that's one less thing to worry about.
That's one of the few Intel CPUs that doesn't have integrated graphics ;)
Unless I'm missing something as the OP didn't post his specs in his original post.
Core i9-13900KF "iGPU-less" chips seemingly overclock better

Last edited:
Last edited:
I finally got it all figured out. I essentially had to just wait it out until the 6.4.3 Kernel was released and the newer divers were updated. I tried forcing the amdgpu by doing a little trick with the release file, but it ended up locking my system up. But it's rolling now. Even got three monitors to work WITHOUT xrandr. Just to see what it could do I put 500 salted sha1 hashes into a file and let hashcat brute force them. Took about 1-2 seconds. I have video in case anyone is skeptical. So yeah, it's all good. It was quite the learning curve and downloading the whole internet hoping something would work was an act of desperation that left me without my desktop for about 4 days.

Members online

Latest posts