Issues with new install on Oracle Cloud free tier

adict2jane

Reaction score
Credits
Hello all,
I recently learned about Oracle Cloud free tier and figured I would give it a shot.
I have used linux (ubuntu and raspbian) in the past for web browsing only machines.

I followed the instructions in the video here:

While I found some of the setup and command line stuff to be confusing. I was able to get it to work and I now have a Arm-based cloud computer courtesy of Oracle!

One issue I had was there seemed not be any software manager. However, I was able to install Synaptic from the terminal.

The issue I am writing in to address is installing BOINC.
I have installed BOINC on my raspberry pi and an older Intel based machine without any issues.

The installation of BOINC seems to go well with Synaptic package manager and with the terminal (I tried both). However, I cannot seem to get the software to run. It may be related to not having full permissions of the root user, but I am not sure. I have attached a screenshot of the issue and would appreciate any and all feedback on how I can get BOINC up and running.

I posted this on the ubuntu forums but no viewers in over 24 hours so I figured I would give these forums a shot

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-1690.jpg
    IMG-1690.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG-1689.jpg
    IMG-1689.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 165

Members online