is it possable to:

frenzy67

Reaction score
Credits
i have a 3 cd set of a distro from years ago and was wondering if it was possable to make it into 1 dvd to save swapping cds everytime it asked you to.

its just something out of curiosity

The software itself is setup to ask for other disks. While you could theoretically build this into a single ISO by extracting them into a single directory structure then rebuilding the ISO or convert it to a bootable image on a thumb drive I suppose.

I don't believe there is a way to merge them automatically that I know of.

Are you installing it so much that this becomes a problem? Every once in a while I will install an old distro on a VM just to go back for nostalgic review, but not enough that switching ISOs is a real problem.

no i was just curious. i installed it last night and just thought could i make it as 1 dvd.

Instead of installing an old version (unless you're just playing around and don't intend to use it online) you could install a modern release. There are likely hundreds of known vulnerabilities for an OS from 2003.

RHEL is free for SOHO use. There are also a whole lot of other distros out there.

If that's the case, I'd grab the newest RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and use that. You do need to sign up at Red Hat, I'm pretty sure. It's otherwise free for SOHO use, so fine for anything you're likely to use it for.

ive looked into rhe and all i can find is the try it version, after trial you have to pay subscription

Might want to look at Rocky Linux it has replaced CentOS which was abandoned by Red Hat since they sold out to IBM

Maybe participate for a while before tossing up links to a site you own. We're generally okay with people sharing links to sites they own - when they're actively contributing other things and have a history of doing so. We don't ask much, but that's one of the things we ask.

Thanks!

Members online

Latest posts