Is Debian or Transmission trying to tell me something?

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
So, it's October, and I'm back from /dev/tty900.... Long time, no seek, lots of coffee, lots of caffeine. Well, lately, whenever a Torrent finishes, e.g., Kali Linux, Tails, insert any obsure_OS_name here, I keep getting xclock being opened up, and it's after each Torrent finishes. A few questions, as well as a Screenshot of Debian, where this creepy xclock instance keeps opening up:

A: Am I being trolled by some guy who tainted this install of Debian/Stable, or;

B: Is it some hack I put into something to screw with myself from the future;

C: Is it the Hacker known as 4Chan using the ghost of the Halloween Memo to screw with me, a GNU/Linux user, or;

D: All of the above, assuming solipsism is true, and Binary is subject to the Quantum, and reality is like Legos on an infinite ocean of Jello? Yes, I'm mostly joking, but this is odd... And if I had more coffee, my Autistic self would start dissecting multiple angles of paranoia and PIDs, somehow ending up in reporting scammers who keep texting me to the FBI about my bank. How the heck do they get my number If I keep it on the Sneakernet? Well, at least they're kind enough to leave a URL for my Tails KVM....

Anyway, it's nice to say "hi" again as well... :)
Oh, and has anyone seen Homer around? He's ok, right? :( Also, if Mr. Penguin sees this, I almost called, but got distracted by coffee and Computers. You were probably sleep(70000), 'cuz, y'know, Penguins, Cats, and Naps. Anyway, thanks for any tips. Something unplanned happening on Linux seems like a Windows Daemon.... Okay, I'mma go read Psalm 91 now and Ezekiel/Current. :> Enjoy the Screenshot(s).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-09_00-54-32.png
    Screenshot_2023-10-09_00-54-32.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 5bbb9ce3536701cdc426a320b26629a5.gif
    5bbb9ce3536701cdc426a320b26629a5.gif
    945.7 KB · Views: 120

G'day Adam, ease up on that caffeine :)

I can't make a guess as I seldom use Torrents but someone else will likely happen along with ideas.

Homer is alive and well if by that you mean Stan @atanere - he tries to stay back from the place and enjoy his retirement but does not always succeed, lol.

Have you tried your search engine of choice with eg

linux torrent finish xclock

Form one Spectrum member to another stay cool, live long & prosper

Wiz

G'day Adam, ease up on that caffeine :)

I can't make a guess as I seldom use Torrents but someone else will likely happen along with ideas.

Homer is alive and well if by that you mean Stan @atanere - he tries to stay back from the place and enjoy his retirement but does not always succeed, lol.

Have you tried your search engine of choice with eg

linux torrent finish xclock

Form one Spectrum member to another stay cool, live long & prosper

Wiz
Oh God. Sorry about this... Also, I didn't know you had Autism. :) Also, I never thought to use Askjeeves or Google or DDG, which I could have done... Sorry..... ^^' I think next time I'll install a Terminal Widget that reminds me to RTFM. Or look for many of the sites that have the same topic... I guess I also wanted an outlet to say hi, and to spew jokes and references to popular memes, and the Halloween Memo. :p I'm not sure, but I think the dark coffee in Church was made even darker. The irony in naming coffee strains and darkness is not lost on some denominations I bet. :\ I wanna' multiboot Linux Distros again, but with a single /home Folder. :> I have an eMMC on my Chromebook, so that would speed up what ext4 or btrfs already did. I'll look into the Xclock thing now. :D Also, it's cooler here in the US.... :3 TTYL! :D

Your torrent client lets you run a program when a torrent has finished. This is just the low-hanging fruit, but I have to ask...

Did you stuff some command into that section of your preferences and then forget?

Members online

Latest posts