Installing Linux on a Windows 10 PC

There are over 500 different Linux desktop builds, yes they are some of the popular newbie friendly Linux desktop builds with easy install GUL's [or in simple terms they are all point and click and can be installed using my instructions] { I had an athalonx2 desktop up to 3 yrs ago when the MB got fried]}
How'd the mobo get fried?

How'd the mobo get fried?
it had an Athlon 2x -6000 which ran at about 125 deg, 6 hard drives, 1 7.1 surround sound card, a top of the range graphics card and was on 24/7 the final straw was a power spike [we are on OH lines]

If you go for Mint I would choose the LMDE5 version, it a bit lighter and a bit quicker

it had an Athlon 2x -6000 which ran at about 125 deg, 6 hard drives, 1 7.1 surround sound card, a top of the range graphics card and was on 24/7 the final straw was a power spike [we are on OH lines]
Wow! How long did that build last?
OH lines? Not sure what you mean--

Wow! How long did that build last?
I started in 2008 [or there a bouts] with a single core Athlon 2100 after the third upgrade in 2013 it had the twin core 6000, with a CPU cooler that looked like a mini chemical works [it cost more than the CPU] in the end it had a 5" cooling fan pulling air out and a 3" fan pushing air in, it died the second week of the first UK lockdown, and I could not get the parts to fix it [th power surge also took out 3 of my hard-drives, [it had about 20 distributions for testing I am now down to 8]
Sorry @wolly we have digressed

How do I install Ubuntu on my PC? Is there a guide?
Did you not bother to read the how to install guide, link in my earlier post or below in my signature

I started in 2008 [or there a bouts] with a single core Athlon 2100 after the third upgrade in 2013 it had the twin core 6000, with a CPU cooler that looked like a mini chemical works [it cost more than the CPU] in the end it had a 5" cooling fan pulling air out and a 3" fan pushing air in, it died the second week of the first UK lockdown, and I could not get the parts to fix it [th power surge also took out 3 of my hard-drives, [it had about 20 distributions for testing I am now down to 8]
Sorry @wolly we have digressed
Amazing what you had. Sorry your out 3 drives. I wouldn't be a happy camper.

Have you decided to install Ubuntu and not use your Windows os anymore?

Don't forget to make a backup of all of your files and data before you wipe Windows away!

Have you decided to install Ubuntu and not use your Windows os anymore?

Don't forget to make a backup of all of your files and data before you wipe Windows away!
Yeah I decided to install Ubuntu from now on!

Did you not bother to read the how to install guide, link in my earlier post or below in my signature
If only you could had a video in your tutorial...
I learn faster from videos and I can understand better how to install a new OS on your PC!

If only you could had a video in your tutorial...
I learn faster from videos and I can understand better how to install a new OS on your PC!
Don't forget to back up all your files first before you install Ubuntu!

How do you connect to the internet on Linux? Is there an app that allows you to connect to the internet?

In the best option is, you would connect by hard-wire to the router when installing, then in most cases the correct wi-fi drivers will install, [if its an RTL chipset then usually you will have to manually install the correct drivers] so you will still need to either hard wire or teather a mobile phone to download the drivers.

Members online