In today's article, I use a contrived scenario to show you how to spin up a quick Python server...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I couldn't actually come up with any good reasons to do this (that apply to many people), so I just kinda made one up.

It actually does come in handy and I do spin up said server now and then. It's also handy if I have multiple devices all needing to access files on a single computer. You can stream media with it, for example. I probably should have mentioned that in the article, now that I think about it!

Like always, feedback is appreciated. Your feedback makes the articles better. With enough feedback, they'll eventually be pretty good!

You’re eight beers deep while sitting on your couch

You were thinking of me, weren't you? ;)

It can be useful if you are using a static content generator(or something similar having to do with webpages) and want to test something locally without having to spin up a full webserver.

You were thinking of me, weren't you?

I almost wrote 'glasses of wine', but I didn't want to make it too specific! (And yes, yes I've been there and done that.)

a static content generator

Indeed. I'll sometimes use it as a quick way to test some HTML and CSS while editing the file in a plain text editor. It does have some actual uses.

Out of curiosity I just looked up the default Python modules (looking for a list) and found out my article's name is not really all that unique. Oops.