i installed a less than 8 characters linux user password Lubuntu 18.04 OS in a pendrive and now i can´t unlock its blocked state; how to fix that?

elreydelaswasas1

Reaction score
Credits
i installed 32 bits version of the OS; the pendrive was a 32 GB pendrive; and i created a ext4 parition mounted on point /boot with 250 mb, a swap partition of 2 GB and a little more, a root partion monted at / with 9.625 or about that amount and a home partition witrh about 18.46 GB MOUNTED AT /home without flags and boot mark; i runned the terminal command: lspci | grep VGA and installed updates and pressed crtrl+ alt + supr when i was installing it the automatic internet network configuration worked badly but when i was installing updates after finnishing installing OS i could download them and them my pc had ascreen block and entering my pc password doesn´´t unlock it,; the pc speciofications i have already of the pc are: AMD Athlon XP proccesor family, AMD Athlon (tm) processor pc, Hewlett-Packard 0830h motherboard model, 1920.500 MHz cpu frequency, Cpu op-mode 32 bits, 1213476 kB RAM Memory; my pc is processing info and i can´´t see screen right now and i can´´t see how it is r espondig to the things i give the order to do with keyboard and mouse, so i am waiting i can see all oif thar because i don´´t want to damage it making an unsecure reboot or shutdown; how ot fix it?

Last edited:

Lubuntu 18.04 has been out of support for a while now. It no longer gets updates - though you can get some Ubuntu updates for it still. The Lubuntu-specific bits no longer get security patches or anything of that nature.

Rather than messing about with this, I'd suggest starting over with an OS that's still supported.

If you need 32 bit, that's gonna limit you to a smaller number of distro choices. Lubuntu (and Ubuntu) no longer support 32 bits with recent releases. Most anything modern, as in modern computers, is 64 bit and has been for some time now.

If you want to use Lubuntu, and I'm on the dev team for Lubuntu, then you'll most likely want the latest LTS version, which is 22.04 and available at lubuntu.me (not lubuntu.net).

If you are new to Linux I recommend Zorin OS Lite 15.3.

The Download will start right away--

There are other choices on this page:
and what will be the solution to make the pc responsing to mouse and keyboardagain and that dont show a black screen and to makie it possible to shutdown in a damage safe way, before i try Zorin OS Lite 15.3

and what will be the solution to make the pc responsing to mouse and keyboardagain and that dont show a black screen and to makie it possible to shutdown in a damage safe way, before i try Zorin OS Lite 15.3
Try holding down CTRL + ALT + F1 <or> F2 all at once to get a terminal.
If you get a terminal or all black screen with a prompt type this
Code:
sudo shutdown -h now

IF you don't get a terminal or the command-line prompt with prompt then the only option is a hard shut down.

Try holding down CTRL + ALT + F1 <or> F2 all at once to get a terminal.
If you get a terminal or all black screen with a prompt type this
Code:
sudo shutdown -h now

IF you don't get a terminal or the command-line prompt with prompt then the only option is a hard shut down.
and maximum how much time needs my pc based in computation taking into account my pc specificatinos computer i am using; what i have done and the state it is now;; to make the terminal appear pressing CTRL + ALT + F1 <or> F2; ?

and maximum how much time needs my pc based in computation taking into account my pc specificatinos computer i am using; what i have done and the state it is now;; to make the terminal appear pressing CTRL + ALT + F1 <or> F2; ?
The version of Lubuntu that you installed isn't supported and that is most likely why your pc is in the state it's in.
Trying the combo of those keys (if it works) and running that command will either work or it will not.

IF the shutdown command works it will shut your pc down completely.

Do not reboot w/o a fresh Linux .iso of 32-bit made bootable on a pendrive that's been verified.
And when you plug in that pendrive make sure in the BIOS that it is the first choice in the Boot Menu.

Members online

Latest posts