I can't understand this linux command for Tinycorelinux i will explain in this POST which is its use ?

r__WHM____ve

Reaction score
Credits
It is used as a boot code to keep extensions after rebooting OS "tce={hda1|sda1} how may i use this command to keep extensions after rebooting OS if my installation storage drive is an SSD located at sdb1 storage drive ?

Why are you using a second account?

That'd be my primary concern as a moderator of this forum.

tce={hda1|sda1}
You set this to be the permanent storage for your programs - in your case, it should be set to tce=sdb1

can i answer you in a private message ?, it is more convenient for me

It was more of a rhetorical question. You do not need a 2nd account. If you're doing so for privacy reasons, you're doing it wrong.

It is used as a boot code to keep extensions after rebooting OS "tce={hda1|sda1} how may i use this command to keep extensions after rebooting OS if my installation storage drive is an SSD located at sdb1 storage drive ?
As a "boot code", this is distinct from a "linux command" in that it is used to pass a config value to the linux kernel at boot time so, for instance, typing "tce=sdb1" at a shell prompt after Tiny Core has booted up will have little effect. At start up the linux kernel ignores boot codes that it doesn't recognize (including this one) but does conveniently store store its entire command line in /proc/cmdline where the /etc/init.d/tc-config script can access it.

The exact placement of the boot code varies depending upon the boot loader you are using. In grub2 (a la grub2-multi.tcz), you would place it on the "linux" line, after the path to the kernel:
Code:
linux /boot/tinycore/vmlinuz64 tce=sdb1

The above line indicates that a directory named tce exists (if not, it will be created) in the root of /mnt/sdb1 and Tiny Core will store your data backup there as well as storing downloaded extensions in tce/optional/

It's been long enough since I used other boot loaders that I'm not so sure bout them. I think in syslinux it goes on the "append" line.

On the off chance that your SSD is a removable one (connected by USB, for instance) it might not always be at sdb1. If that's the case, say so and we can work with that, too.

Members online

Latest posts