How Do I Tap Onto An Icon On The Kubuntu 19.04 Plasma 5 Desktop To Open The Associated Application?

blackneos940

Hey guys!..... :3 It is I, blackie!..... :) So anywho, I finally got a client who wanted me to install Linux on her Dell All-In-One!!..... :3 Everything works FLAWLESSLY, except for one tiny thing..... I can't open, say, Google Chrome (my client needs to use Cloud Apps, and we all know how they like to cling to technology that's stagnating)..... :( So, I'm using Plasma 5, and Kubuntu 19.04, and while everything Just Works , I can't seem to tap or double tap an icon on the Desktop to open the associated Program..... :< How do I fix this.....? :3 I've got 50 dollars coming my way, and I don't want to disappoint..... :3 Thanks for any help guys..... :3 She's coming by today to pick up her Desktop, so I need help when you have time..... :3

have you tried right clicking and going open with application

Ah is it disabled as an option in settings

blackneos940

Ah is it disabled as an option in settings
No, but it's too late, lol..... :) She picked the Desktop up, but hey, she said she LOVES it!..... :D Another person in the Linux community!..... :D I put Chrome on there, since most websites require it, or a Browser that supports Flash, Widevine, etc...... I also referred her to linux.org so we can help here if need be..... :3

cool. sorry i couldnt help

JasKinasis

What type of touch-screen was it? Perhaps you were missing some drivers for it. The Wacom touch screens have pretty good support under Linux.

blackneos940

What type of touch-screen was it? Perhaps you were missing some drivers for it. The Wacom touch screens have pretty good support under Linux.
Well, that's the thing..... :) She can still tap the Program Shortcuts on the bottom bar in the Plasma Desktop..... :)

Members online

Latest posts