How do i post a picture of my desktop? there is no button to create a new post!!!

dolmance41

Reaction score
Credits
How do i post a picture of my desktop? there is no button to create a new post!!!

TpDlocm.png

I have not used a pic hosting site to post a screenshothttps://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/save-image-as-type/gabfmnliflodkdafenbcpjdlppllnemd in ages.

I usually use Flameshot to take the screenshot and use the icons on flameshot to either copy the 'shot and then simply paste it into the forum page (or an email etc ) or I use the flameshot icon to save the file to my desktop.
Upon saving it to my desktop, I usually just drag and drop it into wherever I need it to go.

Works for me. Cuts out the step of uploading it to a hosting site.

To make all pics easy to deal with, I use an extension called 'Save Image as type'.....which becomes available in the right click menu in Brave browser....it enables me to save whatever I need as PNG, JPG or WebP ....without any ads, sign ins, no info collected, open source....

Some of the pics served up by various news outlets, do not always play nice....avif formats etc etc.....jpg or png always play nice.

This makes putting new content into Australia, The Land Down Under very straightforward

There is an extension/addon in Firefox which achieves a similar result....Here ....I would take a guess that it would also work in Waterfox ;)

Just to really overdo this post.....I will note that in Linux Mint 21.3, the right click menu now includes the following as default !

2024-01-14_10-43.png

What's not to like ?

Last edited:
I do it the lazy way [works with many distributions]
to take screenshot hit print screen button, then save as jpg to desktop
for this site open a dialogue [on screenshot thread, click on post reply [bottom right box].
then click on the little picture icon, select and directly upload to this site.
for other sites, I use a picture hosting site [usually postimage]

For this pic....I simply right clicked and selected 'copy image' it took a matter of seconds

220px-KingAlfredStatueWantage.jpg

Running Linux Mint 21.3

btw....the image came courtesy of wikipedia.org

Like this...not my dog.
images

Yes it certainly is easy...good one Condobloke.
m1212.gif

Members online

Latest posts