• Rob's side project: I recently started Gun-Forums.com and we currently have a $100 raffle - if you're into guns, join up and enter the raffle to win $100.00. Raffle Link

How Do I Compile VLC? I Keep Having Trouble With Qt.

JasKinasis

Hmmm, not sure what's going on here!
I'm getting the same error messages about the qt5 quick library not being installed. But it definitely is installed.... Really not sure what to suggest here offhand!

JasKinasis

OK, finally got the build to configure.

Earlier in the configure I had some errors about missing xcb dev libraries, so I installed the following:
libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xv0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-composite0-dev libx11-xcb-dev

Then I started getting the errors about the missing qtquickcontrols library.

After a bit of searching in apt I discovered that there was one missing qt quick package which I had to install manually:
qtquickcontrols2-5-dev

So it seems that after installing the build-deps for vlc and vlc-plugin-qt, you need to install the following packages:
Code:
sudo apt install libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xv0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-composite0-dev libx11-xcb-dev qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
Now the configure completes and I have started building vlc......
And it has built successfully!

Last edited:

blackneos940

OK, finally got the build to configure.

Earlier in the configure I had some errors about missing xcb dev libraries, so I installed the following:
libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xv0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-composite0-dev libx11-xcb-dev

Then I started getting the errors about the missing qtquickcontrols library.

After a bit of searching in apt I discovered that there was one missing qt quick package which I had to install manually:
qtquickcontrols2-5-dev

So it seems that after installing the build-deps for vlc and vlc-plugin-qt, you need to install the following packages:
Code:
sudo apt install libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb-xv0-dev libxcb-keysyms1-dev libxcb-randr0-dev libxcb-composite0-dev libx11-xcb-dev qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
Now the configure completes and I have started building vlc......
And it has built successfully!
Yeah, I wanted to wait this one out..... :D I wanted us both to learn something..... :) But thank you SO much good sir!..... :3 Another way I found was to install the full Qt5 from Qt's website!..... :3 I guess there are TWO ways to do this then!..... :3

Members online