Here's a major video resource for most all Arch related questions, problems, etc.

xlbooyahlx

Reaction score
Credits
I've been watching this person's videos for awhile now.
He's a teacher by profession, and his videos (over 3.600) of them to date, contain a wealth of Arch based knowledge. Everything from the basics such as install, to wayland, etc.
Just thought I'd share in case someone learns best by watching,and doing like myself.
I hope it will be of use ;)

His YouTube station.

Last edited:

One learns better by actually doing. Not watching somebody else doing it. Sorry but Youtube would never be my teacher. Thank you for the heads-up but... I'm old-fashioned.

Especially with something like Arch Linux a person has to find a lot of time to roll up the sleeves and stick with it until success. Seeing it from a video would only produce envy and a bit of pride, and even if the user watching the video is successful getting anything out of it, it's not the same feeling as following the Arch Linux Wiki and foregoing the "archinstall" and other "shortcuts". Might need some good fortune, yes I know. Why do you think there are so many "memes" about Arch?

One learns better by actually doing. Not watching somebody else doing it.
No two people learn in the exact same manner,
While I applaud your path to learning as "your own", I happen to learn more efficiently by watching and doing hands on, and I thought others might as well.
Not everyone can be you ;)

No two people learn in the exact same manner,

Yup. Some learn by doing, some learn by watching, some learn by experimentation, some learn by absorbing the whole thing, some learn by getting step by step directions, etc...

I don't use videos to learn much of anything computer related. I might watch a review or some dude playing with old hardware that I haven't seen in decades, but that's not really learning.

I do learn a lot about automobiles via video - though I also read a great deal of content. Even then, I tend to have an open tab so that I can spin up some search results to learn more than what was covered in the video.

I do learn a lot about automobiles via video - though I also read a great deal of content. Even then, I tend to have an open tab so that I can spin up some search results to learn more than what was covered in the video.
That's my preferred method of learning. Wiki on one tab, Video on another (if I can find one on the subject), maybe a forum or two on a couple others, a step by step tut on another, and a terminal open lol. ;)

Isn't Erik Dubois the person who started and maintains Arco Linux? I've heard good things about his videos!

Indeed he is, Maarten. ;)

Isn't Erik Dubois the person who started and maintains Arco Linux? I've heard good things about his videos!
Indeed he is. He has IIRC 4 different steps in his distros with 8 phases of learning Arch. ArcoLinuxL, ArcoLinuxB, ArcoLinuxD, and finally a build your own distro. More than a few times in his videos, he refers to the ArcoLinux learning path as ARCH Linux University.

Erik might be born to teach but I think he needed to lift his voice a bit in one of the videos I saw briefly, while he was talking about the "new stuff" for the ISO for ArcoLinux before the one that is on now. Sadly I had a problem with update with that system. Instead of reinstalling it, I opted for something else based on Arch. Have enough Debian now! :p

Members online

Latest posts