Solved GOT BIOS, NOW WHAT?

Solved issue
all good. we will be extra patient. thanks for explaining.

if you dont need windows then just select the first one. otherwise you can install alongside windows, the installer will do all the magic for you. you dont need to know anything.

contrary to popular opinion, installing ubuntu or mint is about as simple as installing windows. you dont need to be an expert or have any idea about computers. these operating systems are geared towards people that have no idea about computers, and so are the installers.

If you want to install just mint then Or, erase disk and install Linux.
If you are asked about partitioning , let the installer do it for you
I would like to avoid partitioning. I can't think of any reason to keep Windows.

mint should take between 10 and 20 mins to install

Installation went well until the screen photo attached, Please remove installation medium, then press ENTER.

I did exactly that, and now it's stuck, frozen, doesn't respond to keyboard.
IMG_2938.jpeg

Installation went well until the screen photo attached, Please remove installation medium, then press ENTER.

I did exactly that, and now it's stuck, frozen, doesn't respond to keyboard.
It happens sometimes... it will lock up at the end like that. Don't worry.

Hold down your power button (6-10 seconds) until the laptop shuts down. Wait a few seconds, and turn it on again. You will likely boot into Linux Mint.

Glenn - just a heads up that the OP already has a full installation of Mint on his computer, reported elsewhere.

I will go through his Threads and mark the old ones as Solved.

Cheers

Chris

Latest posts