Go To Browser Extensions

I use as few plug-ins and extensions as possible. Just a password manager plug-in. (Locally stored and backed up, no internet vaults for me, thank you.)

Regretfully, I installed an ad blocker a few years ago. I did not like doing it, because I know that ads pay for websites. The reason is simple: I do not mind static ads on the screen, like on a magazine page. In my opinion, the advertisers crossed the line when they started using videos and especially audio. There are few things worse than working in a quiet room when an ad starts blasting out over the speakers.

So for me, two extensions. The fewer the better.

Regretfully, I installed an ad blocker a few years ago. I did not like doing it, because I know that ads pay for websites. The reason is simple: I do not mind static ads on the screen, like on a magazine page. In my opinion, the advertisers crossed the line when they started using videos and especially audio. There are few things worse than working in a quiet room when an ad starts blasting out over the speakers.
I also use the AdNauseam to generate random data for advertising networks that won't any useful info to their databases.
As online advertising becomes ever more ubiquitous and unsanctioned, AdNauseam works to complete the cycle by automating ad clicks universally and blindly on behalf of its users. Built atop uBlock Origin, AdNauseam quietly clicks on every blocked ad, registering a visit on ad networks' databases. As the collected data gathered shows an omnivorous click-stream, user tracking, targeting and surveillance become futile. Read more about AdNauseam in this paper.

I also use the AdNauseam to generate random data for advertising networks that won't any useful info to their databases.
That look like a fun extension

It can't be downloaded from the Chrome Web Store...so not available for Chrome or Brave from there...and I would assume nor for any other chrome based browser.

Sounds pretty squiffy to me. Shame it can't be accessed easily

I note that it is free.

Gotta wonder why chrome wont have it in their store

Maybe it collects more info than google does !

Vimium, first and foremost - so I can use vim-style key-binds to control my browsing experience.
And Adblock Plus, uBlock origin, NoScript, Privacy Badger, SSL Everywhere and Markdown Viewer.

Wow! So many extensions that you all use.

I use Snap Firefox / Firefox / Firefox ESR.

I use Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger and that's it never any ads.

Gotta wonder why chrome wont have it in their store

I installed that extension on Brave

I found that Brave was stopping more than the extension.....although it does work, quietly and efficiently

interesting that Firefox recommends it too.

I installed that extension on Brave
I found that Brave was stopping more than the extension.....although it does work, quietly and efficiently
I have both Ublock Origin and ADNauseam installed.

Members online