General Start Question

Jim65

Reaction score
Credits
A few days ago, my computer had a crash. Not really sure what caused the crash, but before I caught it a few of the system files were erased. I quickly reloaded the Operating System on my computer (Pop!_Os) and managed to get many items reloaded. However, a few of the downloads made in the past included some books and instructions on Linux and how to learn how to more effectively use Linux as an operating system. Is there a repository, or store, where these books might be found?
Thank you,
Jim65

Welcome to the forums
First make sure you install timeshift [or similar] recovery program and run it, if it crashes again you will be able to run snapshot and recover your system.
Can you not remember where you found the books you downloaded from?
We have many tutorials available on this site and on linux-tips.us, from beginner to expert

You can also find some good deals online for more books. Sites from Amazon to Humble Bundle often have some great deals on books. In the case fo Amazon (and not to promote them necessarily) you can find use copies of current editions on sale for dirt cheap. In the case of Humble Bundle, you get eBooks at some killer prices.

Then, as you can see, there are a ton of free books out there. I haven't tried, but I bet one could learn enough to become a RHCE using nothing but free resources they found online. In fact, I'm so sure of it that I'd be willing to bet a small amount that it's possible.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

Welcome aboard. :)

Even older/pre used books can get you up & running, so check out places like Abe Books, & the others mentioned above.

Members online