Fresh Installation Of MX 23

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Just finished a fresh install of MX-Linux : version 23.

The installation took about 10 minutes if that. The installer is very easy to work with.
This distro truly ROCKS and runs very fast on my Sony Vaio that's 11 years old!

Code:
Intel i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Radeon 7550, 4 Gig's of RAM

MX 23 comes with kernel:
Code:
6.1.0-16-amd64

First update and upgrade using the command-line took approximately 15-20 minutes.

Details later when time permits-:)

Attachments

• Firefox.png
    Firefox.png
    795.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Desktop and Panel.png
    Desktop and Panel.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • Setting MGR.png
    Setting MGR.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 89

MX KDE has been my favorite for a while now. I have it running on my desktop and my laptop.
That's good news.
Can you post some screenshots?

Here's my desktop. What else would you like to see?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_112019.png
    Screenshot_20240115_112019.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 346
Here's my desktop. What else would you like to see?
Looks good.
How about a screenshot of the Software MGR and the colors of your directories in your /home?

You're going to have to help me here. I can screenshot the discover app, but it's pretty boring. I don't know what you mean about the directory colors. Are you talking about the theme settings?

You're going to have to help me here. I can screenshot the discover app, but it's pretty boring. I don't know what you mean about the directory colors. Are you talking about the theme settings?
Yes, if you can take a screenshot of the Discover app's that would be helpful.

By directory colors I mean, what colors are your Downloads directory and your Pictures directory and so fourth?
It may be the theme settings however, I'm not sure as I'm running XFCE in my fresh install of MX23.

Here's a few. Pretty tame actually. I have trouble seeing the dark themes. I don't have any photos on this computer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_143222.png
    Screenshot_20240115_143222.png
    898.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20240115_143615.png
    Screenshot_20240115_143615.png
    891.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20240115_143857.png
    Screenshot_20240115_143857.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
Here's a few. Pretty tame actually. I have trouble seeing the dark themes. I don't have any photos on this computer.
Thanks for taking those screenshots.
I like how the home directory and it's folders look. The Maintenance and Set Up looks well done too!
Your MX Package installer is a little different than mine.

I have the opposite problem that you have, LOL:-
The white backgrounds are blurry and blinding to me.
All of my installations are set to the darkest themes I can set them to.

Does KDE have a dark theme?

bb later

Thanks for taking those screenshots.
I like how the home directory and it's folders look. The Maintenance and Set Up looks well done too!
Your MX Package installer is a little different than mine.

I have the opposite problem that you have, LOL:-
The white backgrounds are blurry and blinding to me.
All of my installations are set to the darkest themes I can set them to.

Does KDE have a dark theme?

bb later

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_132934.png
    Screenshot_20240119_132934.png
    746 KB · Views: 67
Just finished a fresh install of MX-Linux : version 23.

This distro truly ROCKS and runs very fast on my Sony Vaio that's 11 years old!

Agreed, MX 23 is an excellent light-weight/mid-weight distro (depending on your perspective) and the installion is a snap! If I understand correctly, there is a strong connection between MX Linux and Anti-X, but the Anti-X installer is the opposite. It's very confusing.

Agreed, MX 23 is an excellent light-weight/mid-weight distro (depending on your perspective) and the installion is a snap! If I understand correctly, there is a strong connection between MX Linux and Anti-X, but the Anti-X installer is the opposite. It's very confusing.
I've never tried Anti-X so I'm not sure.

Did you install MX 23 to your laptop or desktop?

I've never tried Anti-X so I'm not sure.

Did you install MX 23 to your laptop or desktop?
Desktop, nvme gen3 SSD, UEFI-only. I only regret I did not spend adequate time using MX Linux. I distro-hop alot and have a keen interest on BIOS settings, multi-booting, installations, nvidia driver, difference between desktops, included software, and so forth. I was very impressed by MX Linux from what I saw, and wanted to spend more time with it, but would up wiping it and putting Ubuntu 20.0.4 in it's place because I had to compile a custom kernel using the compiler version that OS has.

I have run across several people since who prefer MX Linux as their primary OS, and I think with MX 23 they really knocked it out of the park!

Desktop, nvme gen3 SSD, UEFI-only. I only regret I did not spend adequate time using MX Linux. I distro-hop alot and have a keen interest on BIOS settings, multi-booting, installations, nvidia driver, difference between desktops, included software, and so forth. I was very impressed by MX Linux from what I saw, and wanted to spend more time with it, but would up wiping it and putting Ubuntu 20.0.4 in it's place because I had to compile a custom kernel using the compiler version that OS has.

I have run across several people since who prefer MX Linux as their primary OS, and I think with MX 23 they really knocked it out of the park!
Understood and yes the dev's really did knock it out of the park!