Fedora Spins

I'm not fond of desktop spins. They indicate that the desktop environment is the distro, which simply isn't true. There's no reason to have separate Fedora with Gnome, KDE, Cinnamon, Xfce, Mate, or the multitude of Ubuntu spins based on the same ... blah blah. 99% of the time, you can just install your preferred desktop on Fedora or Ubuntu and be just as happy.

I'm not fond of desktop spins. They indicate that the desktop environment is the distro, which simply isn't true.
Agreed but it helps people who don't know much about Linux who want to try Linux, the more advanced users like you and I know that we can just use the server/minimal install iso to install a base system and then install what we want afterwards. Although I recently reinstalled my desktop and I already knew what DE I wanted to use, so it was quite convenient to be able to just download the Fedora Xfce spin and install it.

I like spins. They save time and effort but, probably more importantly, they result in pockets of support for people who are using that specific set of applications. It's a far more focused support that you don't see elsewhere.

Members online