Fast distro

Have you tried Mint LMDE

the newest version i see on lxle's downloads page: https://www.lxle.net/download/

is LXLE Focal 64Bit which is based on ubuntu 20.04 (codenamed Focal Fossa) so it should be supported until 2025. distrowatch and the lxle forum say it was released in may of last year.

obviously you should use a distro you can install so this isn't a post to pressure you in any way, but that 2015 date isn't accurate.
oh I checked the sourceforge page and in there last update was 2017

link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxle/files/

i got the 64 bit (LXLE) installed now but when I boot it only gives grub command line. so idk was that success or not?
you got it installed to your internal disk? or you wrote it to a usb for a live test?

then you definitely shouldn't end up at the grub command line. i was able to fix mine after that, but i know you are looking for easier to install. in your situation, i would definitely move on to try and find something easier.

i could try to help you get past that command line if you like, but it can be a bit of a hassle.

totally understood. as a new user, i would have done the same. unfortunately in that situation, you have to do a little digging to figure out how exactly to start the os instead of using just one command.

if you'll notice at the top of the page it is listed as Linux Mint 21.2 "Victoria" which is the version based on ubuntu. i like it and think it runs well, but just wanted to point out that it is different than lmde which is based on debian.

totally understood. as a new user, i would have done the same. unfortunately in that situation, you have to do a little digging to figure out how exactly to start the os instead of using just one command.

well if you have link it wont hurt to look

think I have done something like this in the past but cant remember. Im not exactly first timer to linux

I'm a little late joining the party here, as usual.

.. "fast distro" ... I admit I didn't really know what that meant.
Come to find out, it means means "boot up quickly".

These days everybody pretty much runs the same kernels, on the same hardware.
If you're running a 6.3.x or 6.4.x kernel on an Intel i9 or AMD ryzen9, with similar hard drive specs
and similar RAM specs, ... guess what... they all run about the same.

More processes running can slow you down ( even that's somewhat debatable with multi-core CPUs )
But that's true for every distro.

A light-weight distro with less processes might boot up faster.. ( I've noticed my CLI systems almost
always boot faster than my Xwindows systems ) but once everything gets booted up, everything else
being equal... all distro's really run at the same speed.

Members online